• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2016 Update schedule?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know where I would be able to find the update schedule for ColdFusion 2016.

I am on update 16, and that was installed in July 2020, so 6 months.

Thanks

Mark

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

You have the latest version of ColdFusion 2016. As far I as know, there haven't been any updates since Update 16. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-2016-updates.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Two answers:

• CF2016 is no longer supported as of Feb 2021 (5 years after its release), and when a version is no longer supported, no further updates are created.
    • (That said, there may be one that was "in the works" which may be released, as happened with CF11 when it stopped being updated in 2019, and yet a month after that, an update came out for it along with CF2016 and 2018. It could happen with the next update for CF2018 and 2021, but there's no gurarantee.)
  • As for a "schedule" of upda

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the latest version of ColdFusion 2016. As far I as know, there haven't been any updates since Update 16. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-2016-updates.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still on update 16 (CF2016) which was released on 14th July 2020, 8 months ago.

I'm wondering if anybody has any idea when the next update might be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two answers:

• CF2016 is no longer supported as of Feb 2021 (5 years after its release), and when a version is no longer supported, no further updates are created.
    • (That said, there may be one that was "in the works" which may be released, as happened with CF11 when it stopped being updated in 2019, and yet a month after that, an update came out for it along with CF2016 and 2018. It could happen with the next update for CF2018 and 2021, but there's no gurarantee.)
  • As for a "schedule" of updates, there is no formal one. Adobe has never committed to one, nor is there a clear pattern, but it's averaged a few per year for all releases
    • For CF2016, there were 2, 3, or 4 each year, with several in 2019, as can seen from the updates page that BKBK offered.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answers, not what I was hoping to hear, but at least I now know not to expect updates, hopefully there will be as Charlie mentioned, possibly one last one that was in the works before the end date hit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ACS LLC ,

Adobe has today released Update 17 of CF2016: https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-2016-update-17.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know, I also received my notification as well

I'll be updating in a few days. Anybody have any idea if this impacts the highest version of JRE that we can use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The highest Java version for ColdFusion 2016 Update 17 is currently Java SE 11.0.10 (LTS).

This is the same as for Update 16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation