• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2021 Deployment Type

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except for uninstalling and reinstalling the software as a whole, is there a way to update the Deployment Type from Development to Production?

ColdFusion 2021 Enterprise was installed initially with the Development Type because the environment where it was being installed was yet to be full Production. We now have licensing acquired and are ready to go full Production with the software, but I am looking for if there is an easier way to update it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Edit the licenseinfo.properties file in the lib folder of your CF instance (like cfusion/lib). The values it accepts are Production, Development, Staging, Testing, Disaster recovery. You may need to restart CF for this to take effect.

I REALLY hope someday Adobe will add that as an option within the UI, as it seems almost surely they could/should. (I've never heard anything that did NOT work with this notion of editing the file, though someone may find or report one.)

FWIW, I filed a bug report for it in 2021, which is still tagged as "to fix". I can't see this taking more than a few mins to implement and perhaps an hour/s of testing. 😞

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie Arehart 

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. So glad to hear this. Was not looking forward to a complete uninstall and reinstall. Will definitely look into this tomorrow morning. Certainly thankful for you taking your time to respond and thankful for this community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good answer - it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeff (and neowire. Sorry I missed that reply last year).

And bkbk, no. I disagree. You're on quite a roll recently, but thankfully variant samples tend to regress to the mean. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it would be a good idea to enable developers to select the deployment type in a more intuitive way. For example, via the ColdFusion Administrator.

However, I can also imagine that switching from configuration-via-file to configuration-via-CFAdmin won't be a 1-2-3 task. 

FWIW, I filed a bug report for it in 2021, which is still tagged as "to fix". I can't see this taking more than a few mins to implement and perhaps an hour/s of testing. 😞

By @Charlie Arehart

To be fair to the Adobe ColdFusion Team, the task may not be as easy as you make it out to be. At least, if they want to do it right.

Some matters they would have to consider when moving from configuration-via-file to configuration-via-CFAdmin:

• Change (how the Adobe Team and customers would respond);
  • Security implications;
  • Backward-compatibility;
  • Architecture (as each instance has its own distinct CF Admin user interface and \lib\licenseinfo.properties file);
  • Licensing.

Perhaps these are the sort of considerations that are costing the team so much time. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation