• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2021 docker image running slow

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a docker container locally and it's running very slowly.

I use Windows 10 and WSL 2.

I use the app folder as volume.

Without volume, it's running better.

I use this command: docker-compose up -d --build

Thanks,
Souvik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Souvik, I have first a general suggestion (for you and anyone finding this discussion), then I have a specific suggestion for your specific situation. 

1: First, it may help to know more  about where this slowness is happening. You may presume it's a cf problem (since you bring it up here), but it could just as well be a docker configuration issue, or indeed specifically a docker volume issue.

As with any problem like this, you need to know if the page is running slowly in cf. At a minimum, have you enabled the debug output feature in the cf admin--or via the json file created with cfsetup, since you're using cf2021? (Indeed, are you using the Adobe image or perhaps the Ortus Commandbox one? They are different, and can be configured differently.)

If you've done that and it confirms the slowness is indeed WITHIN the cf page, have you enabled any cf monitoring, which can provide even more insight into performance aspects within a running request and of cf in general? There are either the cf PMT or fusionreactor as alternatives, and I show how to use those with CF docker images via my awesome-cf-compose site.

If instead somehow these confirm that the slowness is NOT in the cf page, we would need to consider other diagnostics (whether in docker or the linux container running within wsl). 

There are just so many potential problems, so let us know what you may find and we can try to take it from there.

2: Second and finally, if it helps to hear, I've certainly run a cf page using a volume for cf code, run on windows 10 and wsl, without ANY slowness.

But more specifically to your challenge, note that my awesome-cf-compose site shows dozens of such examples (compose files using cf images with a volume for the cf code).

Pick any and see if THOSE work well for you. If so, then reconcile whatever differences you have in your compose file, dockerfile, image, volume config, etc.

Looking forward to seeing this solved for you. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Charlie Arehart  Thanks for your reply. I shall check.

Thanks,
Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation