• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2021 Flex remoting

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would like to update our Coldfusion servers from CF 2018 to CF 2021, but we still have mobile apps using flash remoting in connection with the coldfusion servers. We are working on replacing those apps, but this needs time.

On the page about deprecated features I can see that the flash remoting was retired in CF 2018 but I do not see that it was removed in CF 2021.

But when I install CF 2021 there is no administration for flash remoting any more and I did not find out how to get it alive again.
Is it possible to use flash remoting in CF 2021 or was it removed without documentation on the deprecated features page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who can help here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with you that the situation with Flash is uncertain. I can see from the list of deprecated ColdFusion features that:

• Flex Remoting was retired in ColdFusion 2018;
  • Flex Integration was removed in ColdFusion 2021;

However, Flash Remoting settings are still present in the Administrator.

BKBK_0-1673867775957.png

In addition, the ColdFusion 2021 Lockdown Guide confirms that Flash Remoting may still be possible. But with some caveats, such as:

ColdFusion 2021 removed several servlets and servlet mappings related to Flash Remoting and Flash Forms:
/CFFormGateway/*
/cfform-internal/*
*.cfswf
*.as *.sws *.swc
/flashservices/gateway/*
/flex-internal/*
*.mxml
/flex2gateway/*
The above mappings should not be in the web.xml by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation