• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2021 update 3 web server connector update

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We installed Coldfusion 2021 Update 3 (https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-2021-update-3.html) to mitigate the log4j vunerability, and in the instructions it says to update the web connector:

After applying the update, you must upgrade the existing web server connectors.

However it does not say anywhere how to install the connector. When I run this command

# ./wsconfig -ws Apache -bin /usr/sbin/httpd -script /usr/sbin/apachectl -dir /etc/httpd/conf/ -v

I get a message that the web server has already been configured.

We are on the vesion below running on Centos 7.9:

[info] jk_log_version::jk_connector_version.h (21): Connector Version: 321158

How do we update the web server connectors?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

dk, you're not wrong in your observation (and sorry to see that somehow no one ever replied to your question).

So first, note that when that wsconfig tool at the command line, there is a -upgrade arg. FWIW, that's documented in the docs about using the tool, and it would be shown also if you did wsconfig --help. Second, those using the wsconfig gui (rather than at cmd line) will find that (since cf2016) there is now an "upgrade" button in the UI. And FWIW I have a blog post with more on these

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dk, you're not wrong in your observation (and sorry to see that somehow no one ever replied to your question).

So first, note that when that wsconfig tool at the command line, there is a -upgrade arg. FWIW, that's documented in the docs about using the tool, and it would be shown also if you did wsconfig --help. Second, those using the wsconfig gui (rather than at cmd line) will find that (since cf2016) there is now an "upgrade" button in the UI. And FWIW I have a blog post with more on these options for upgrading the connector.

But I agree 100% that the update technote needs to have info on the connector. In fact I have just created a tracker ticket for it. Interested folks should add a vote and/or comment there.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the answer. Your blog post is exactly what I was looking for.

Dejan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear. Thanks for the update, and the marking of a correct answer.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation