• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2023 Standard Administrator not accessible on port 80?

Participant ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've seen the answer to this alluded to in a couple other posts, but nothing explicitly stated as such.  I'm installing ColdFusion 2023 Standard for the first time, and am unable to access the CF Admin except via the internal web server (http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm on the server itself).  Even after adding the Virtual Directory to the correct path in IIS and uncommenting the /CFIDE/ line in uriworkermap.properties (as I've been doing on installs since CF2018), I still cannot open my admin via a "regular" URL (http://myhost.mydomain.com/cfide/administrator), even on the server itself much less from my connected workstation.  I get this message:

The requested URL was not found on this server!

If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

Tomcat/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.46

Again, I've seen references to how Adobe has made it "harder" to open access to one's CF Admin via this path, but nothing explicitly saying you CAN'T do it anymore.  I know many consider it a security risk, but if it's still possible, I'd like to maintain that ease of access within our network (having to Remote Desktop to each server, wait for the desktop to load and then access the admin proves to be very inefficient).

Any definitive answers out there on this?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

I should follow up here and say that I discovered I could still access the CF Admin from my workstation (or wherever) by simply adding port 8500 to the URL (http://myhost.mydomain.com:8500/cfide/administrator), and a similar fix works for RDS in both VS Code and Homesite+.  So that resolves my issue of not being able to access it without a Remote Desktop session, and leaves my question as just a point of curiosity - as we upgrade our other CF servers (all internal, not exposed to the internet),

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

@jarviswabi  You are right, this is an intended change due to a recent security issue. We are not allowing users to access CF admin via WebServer(IIS/Apache). I hope this answers your question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should follow up here and say that I discovered I could still access the CF Admin from my workstation (or wherever) by simply adding port 8500 to the URL (http://myhost.mydomain.com:8500/cfide/administrator), and a similar fix works for RDS in both VS Code and Homesite+.  So that resolves my issue of not being able to access it without a Remote Desktop session, and leaves my question as just a point of curiosity - as we upgrade our other CF servers (all internal, not exposed to the internet), will I need to do the same thing?  Is port 80 forever blocked from carrying CFIDE traffic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jarviswabi  You are right, this is an intended change due to a recent security issue. We are not allowing users to access CF admin via WebServer(IIS/Apache). I hope this answers your question. 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation