• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion not sending emails

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly the mails are stopped going from my coldfusion web application. I am running on Coldfsuion2016. 

When I verify mail server connection i am getting the "Connection Verification Failed!" error on coldfusion administartor Server Settings > Mail. 

I found the following info/exception on mail log:

com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: my.mail.server.com, 25; timeout 200000; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

The following info is form mailsent log:

Moved undelivered mail: Mail#########.cfmail to ColdFusion2016\cfusion/Mail/Undelivr directory

Can some one help me on this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Well, it sounds like that mail server is not accepting connections from CF. If it did before, it's not anymore. First, have you confirmed whether the connection verifies in the CF Admin? I will assume not, but do try it. And can you confirm that your code that is failing is using a cfmail without specifying such attributes as server, username, and password, such that it's using what is in that CF Admin?

You can look in the CF audit.log (with all other logs in the CF logs directory) to confirm if

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it sounds like that mail server is not accepting connections from CF. If it did before, it's not anymore. First, have you confirmed whether the connection verifies in the CF Admin? I will assume not, but do try it. And can you confirm that your code that is failing is using a cfmail without specifying such attributes as server, username, and password, such that it's using what is in that CF Admin?

You can look in the CF audit.log (with all other logs in the CF logs directory) to confirm if the mail settings have been changed, perhaps.

If you would say all is as it should be on the CF side, you need to look next at the mail server. There may be a web admin for it (or a desktop one, if you own the mail server). Perhaps you will find a log there that could explain why it's rejecting the connection (but it could be a firewall rejecting the request before it gets to the mail server).

Finally, is the CF admin (or the CFMAIL tag or equivalent) showing use of ssl/tls? If so, the problem could be that the mail server changed in terms of what SSL/TLS versions or protocols it supports. It may be that you CF2016 is running on an old JVM, and that updating the JVM could fix that. For more, see my post:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2019/06/error-calling-cf-via-https-solved-updating-jvm/

Let us know if any of this helps, or not.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Charlie. The issue was becasue of some windows Firewall settings. It got fixed long back, but forgot to reply here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating us. You may want to mark my first answer as the "correct answer", at least in that I did indicate there that it could be a firewall issue, which you have now confirmed. And the other suggestions I offered could help folks with a similar problem but a different explanation. Your call, of course. Thanks, too, to Eddie for his subsequent suggestion.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I realized this is an old post, but could you elaborate on the firewall changes that resolved this issue for you? I'm having a very similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Charlie's help, a simple test for connectivity is to log into the ColdFusion server and use telnet to connect to the mailserver IP address and port. If telnet cannot connect then nothing else will either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you EddieLotter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation