• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

coldfusion returns blank page

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using coldfusion 10 and IIS server 7. I am getting some issue like. website sometime being blank page and I restart the coldfusion service in windows machine then it starts working. please help me to resolve the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Hi,

As Charlie mentioned, first we need to see the manual steps that you followed. 

If that is not working, remove all the manual entry that you made in IIS and ensure that connector is also removed using the Wsconfig utility. Once that step is completed, restart the IIS from command prompt and refresh it. 

Check all the entries once again and find out if there is any CF entry left in IIS, in case there is any remove it manually and restart. After that check if it is rendering the HTML page, i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We encountered blank pages whenever we access .cfm pages.  The coldfusion administrator section works fine after the installation of the ColdFusion 2021 Enterprise.  However, when we try to reference another directory as our main site (D:\Mysites\) that contain .htm and .cfm pages.  The .htm page rendering is fine but the rendering result of .cfm page result in blank.  We try the below instruction and it still doesn't work on IIS 10.   Any feedbacks would be appreciated. Thanks.

nhiv99785615_0-1651703823216.pngnhiv99785615_1-1651703846390.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before digging in more deeply, are you saying that even on restart of cf it still serves blank pages? If restarting helps, consider what I wrote here:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2020/02/quickly-solve-outofmemory-metaspace-errors/

And yes, this even though you're on cf2021. Please confirm what you find after reading that. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for your feedback.  We did restart the CF Service and check the coldfusion-error.log file and there isn't any indication of 

MaxMetaspaceSize=192mb

of the log file.

We also verify the  jvm.config  and it doesn't show the MaxMetaspace setting in the file.

Blank page is exist for us.   Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The key question though was whether the blank page errors always or happen or do go away (even if only temporarily) after a restart. I'll assume the answer is they always happen. 

So next, do you have only one site or many in iis? Do any work, or none? Did you have an older cf installed before? 

And in the site that's not working, what value is in the iis "isapi filters" feature for that site, for the Tomcat filter? And does the folder in that value exist? And are there several files there (which cf would have put there?) 

And in that you show the screenshot of manual steps, did you do those or did you run the cf wsconfig tool for cf2021? 

Finally, let me point out that if you might just like to get this working rather than engage in lots of back and forth, I can help, likely in 15 mins. If interested, check out carehart.org/consulting. But I am happy to help here, of course, as may others. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As Charlie mentioned, first we need to see the manual steps that you followed. 

If that is not working, remove all the manual entry that you made in IIS and ensure that connector is also removed using the Wsconfig utility. Once that step is completed, restart the IIS from command prompt and refresh it. 

Check all the entries once again and find out if there is any CF entry left in IIS, in case there is any remove it manually and restart. After that check if it is rendering the HTML page, if yes, create the connector with CF and then run the CFM page. Also, check the permission on the folder where you have put the cfm pages.

Let me know if any of the above steps help. Else I will connect with you over a quick call and help you.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After following the suggestion by removing all the connectors and re-create the connector from a clean set up with the Wsconfig Utility.  The cfm page is render with no issue.

Very appreciated with the your share of knowledge.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that it worked.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation