• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create an Oracle Datasource in ColdFusion 2021

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know the correct syntax/ settings to create an Oracle datasource in ColdFusion 2021? I just did an upgrade and when it imported Oracle datasources, it claims the "Use of Adobe JDBC Drivers is restricted." and we were using macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver. We also have the Oracle thin client installed but I'm not sure of syntax for the JDBC URL and placement of jar files. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Hi,

Here I have the example.

When you select "Other" as Driver option. For Oracle thin driver, here is the URL and Driver Class.

URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@<hostname>:<port>/SID   // This is with SID

URL: jdbc:macromedia:oracle://<hostname>:<port>;ServiceName=<dbname> // This is with Service Name

Driver Class: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Please try this and let me know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of any such "restriction". Please confirm exactly where you saw that message (log? UI?), and please quote the exact message.

So, had you installed cf 2021 or someone else? was  the full installer used, or the zip install? If the latter, were all modules installed, esp. ones related to jdbc? See the cf admin's last option on left for info on modules. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a standard ColdFusion 2021 license installed using the GUI
The error states:
ava.sql.SQLException: Use of Adobe JDBC Drivers is restricted. Drivers can
only be used with Adobe server products. Please check that your license
supports the requested driver.

Chloris Wright
Sr. Web Application Engineer
The Catholic University of America - Technology Services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we received that, we're trying to use the Oracle Thin clin but receive the error:

java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found 

I'm sure we're not placing the jar in the correct place but we've put it in cfusion\lib and wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib and still no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Oracle thin driver. You need to use the Oracle Connection string URL and Driver Class to connect it. Also if you are running Enterprise edition, then the connection should work without any issue. With Standard Edition, our driver doesn't support Oracle however you can use Oracle thin driver as an alternative.

Place the Jar file in \ColdFusion2021\cfusion\lib folder and restart the ColdFusion and try to create the connection. 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an example connection string? And what is the Driver Class?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here I have the example.

When you select "Other" as Driver option. For Oracle thin driver, here is the URL and Driver Class.

URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@<hostname>:<port>/SID   // This is with SID

URL: jdbc:macromedia:oracle://<hostname>:<port>;ServiceName=<dbname> // This is with Service Name

Driver Class: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Please try this and let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PERFECT! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation