• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop Buffer Issue

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been creating some forms and have run into an issue dragging text from Adobe Acrobat Pro DC into CF Builder 2016 V3.1.4 302777.

If I drag and drop blocks of text (list items) some text gets "stuck" in the buffer and is kept at the end of the next block if it is smaller.  It's like Builder doesn't clear the buffer before putting the new text into it and just overwrites from the start of the buffer leaving the old text at the end of the buffer. If I copy & paste the extra text is not retained.  It appears to only happen on drag and drop operations.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not heard of the issue, but you may want to clarify first a) what version of cfb you are using and b) whether you have ensured its been updated. Please let us know both.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF Builder 2016 V3.1.4 Build 302777.

When I click on "Check for Updates" I get the response "No updates are found."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in responding. I don't experience that problem (same cfb 2016 build, and acrobat pro dc 2015.006.30482), in dragging a numbered list.

But perhaps it's unique to your pdf, or what you really mean by a list in the PDF, or perhaps how the list is formatted before the doc was turned I to a PDF.

If you want to share the file or one that is safe to share but with which you see the same problem, I could test it.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experienced it dragging the text of the individual list items into CFB.  I tested dragging and dropping into Notepad++ and did NOT experience the same issues.

I don't think it has to do with the PDF because the "extra text" retained was different depending on which order I copied the items.  If I copied one item with fewer characters (say 15 chars) than the previous item (say 20 chars) then it would keep the extra characters from the previous item (last 5 chars of the first item).

Luckily, I've just about finished dragging-and-dropping from the PDFs and I hope to never have to do it again.  I hate building HTML forms from PDFs but you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation