Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error installing Coldfusion 10 Update 21

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am running into difficulty installing the latest hotfix 21 on my developer edition CF. I haven't had issues before with installing hotfixes.

I am installing using the Windows command line as the CF Admin method has never worked (can't download the fixes due to our network issues)

The 3 fatal errors in the log file:

1. ERROR - Could not move the file C:\{CFPATH}\lib\updates\{filename}.details to the backup location C:\{CFPATH}\hf-updates\hf-10-00021\backup\lib\updates\{filename}.details
  2. ERROR - Could not move the file C:\{CFPATH}\lib\updates\{filename}.notes to the backup location C:\{CFPATH}\hf-updates\hf-10-00021\backup\lib\updates\{filename}.notes
  3. ERROR - Could not move the file C:\{CFPATH}\lib\updates\{filename}.hotfix_021.jar to the backup location C:\{CFPATH}\hf-updates\hf-10-00021\backup\lib\updates\{filename}.hotfix_021.jar

I am running the Windows command line as Administrator. So I don't believe it's a permission issue. Especially since other files are written to those locations during the install (C:\{CFPATH}\hf-updates\hf-10-00021\backup\...).

OS is Windows 7

During the attempt at installing the hotfix, I see the *.details and *.notes files being written in the C:\{CFPATH}\lib\updates folder. They are deleted at the end of the process.

Any ideas why?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Had similar issue with update 20. Here area few things Adobe told me to do.

1. Make sure that you open the Command Prompt with Run as Administrator. You need the right permissions.
  2. They asked me to run the update with the version of JAVA that the ColdFusion server is/was using. Seems that the Java version I had for the operating system was not the same version as the one referenced in ColdFusion server. So, I ended up running the command as: "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_101\bin\java.exe" -jar "c:\

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had luck using a command prompt (run as admin) to apply hotfixes and updates.  If you download the hotfix .jar file, place it in a special folder, and edit the .xml file to point to that location, you can run it within CFAdmin with no issues.  And, since CFAdmin knows where everything is, the updates (from my perspective) run much smoother.  The last time I used a command line, I hosed the installation, and had to copy then rename folders to paste the updates in where they should have gone in the first place.  Painful.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Is that the updates.xml file in the hf-updates directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, that's the one.  Edit it so that it will point to the .jar file that you downloaded, log on to CFAdmin and search for updates.  Badda-bing, badda-boom, and voila. 

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I'm not sure I've done it right.

I added an item node for 21 to the xml. In CF Admin it shows no new updates and I'm at level 21.

Is that it?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you remove / uninstall the errored hotfix 21, first?

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did remove the hotfix 21 files and tried again but had no luck. Maybe I'll wait till 22 is released and have a smoother go.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had similar issue with update 20. Here area few things Adobe told me to do.

1. Make sure that you open the Command Prompt with Run as Administrator. You need the right permissions.
  2. They asked me to run the update with the version of JAVA that the ColdFusion server is/was using. Seems that the Java version I had for the operating system was not the same version as the one referenced in ColdFusion server. So, I ended up running the command as: "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_101\bin\java.exe" -jar "c:\{name of JAR file}.jar"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was already running as Administrator, however I never tried your second suggestion, which worked.

Thanks to you and WolfShade for your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation