• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find a CF Programmer

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're a tiny company of 3 whose CF programmer is gradually retiring. What is the best resource for finding a CF programmer who can step in as needed, but also help us upgrade from CF 9 to 2016 and tune up the existing programming? We don't have a huge budget so working with a larger company is out of the question for us. Freelancer wasn't hugely helpful unless we're willing to use someone outside the U.S. which we prefer not to do. Any resources would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Pam,

You could set up an account with any of the big job hunting sites (monster.com, careerbuilder.com, indeed.com, findageek.com, dice.com, etc.) and advertise the position.

Alternatively, you could work with any number of talent agencies available; headhunters do have access to an already large list of potential candidates, but I would imagine them to be expensive.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also from a "small company of 3" that is located in the US (west coast) and have been using ColdFusion since version 3. We've provided ColdFusion development services, hosting and support to other companies for projects, modules and migration "CF bug" issues.  We've haven't ever worked with any job hunting websites or agencies or outsourced any work.

Another way to find a freelance ColdFusion developer is to have your retiring developer join the private "cfml" Slack channel:

https://cfml.slack.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jamo, can you give me the link to your company if you think you can help us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pam, consider these:

http://www.cf411.com/cfjobs (a list I keep of several CF-specific job resources sites, for both those seeking and those offering)

and:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2017/6/23/are_you_looking_for_cf_people_or_work (a post I did laying out several more thoughts on the very question you ask)

Hope that’s helpful.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great resource, Charlie. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear, Pam.

And I noticed your other notes indicating an interest in also getting help from companies. In case you didn’t notice it within my blog post, I did also point out how there are many such CF development firms, and any of them may be able to help you. Here’s my CF411 site category of such firms: http://www.cf411.com/cfappdev

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company, Fig Leaf Software, provides CF support services. Our hourly rate is pretty high, but we're able to do more work per hour than a lot of other people. Unless you're in the DC area, we'd probably only be able to provide remote support. Let me know if you're interested.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pam,

I have been a ColdFusion developer for over 4 years with professional experience in medium to to large applications. I've been working with ColdFusion 9 for 4 years and ColdFusion 2016 for about a year now.

I would happy to assist with anything you need. We can speak about your budget and requirements. I am flexible.

I am located in Iowa so work will most likely need to be done remotely.

Please let me know if you are interested and I can provide my contact information.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation