• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create Basic Bar Graph or Pie Chart from a database table

Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a database table where users have indicated their interests, and I'd like to understand the simplest way to generate a graph of the data.

Most of the data in this survey was gathered in the form of checkboxes, and in the database I entered a "1" if they checked the item, or a "0" if they didn't.  So the table might look like this:

field          value

apples          1

oranges          0

pineapples          0

bananas          0

dogs          1

cats          0

birds          0

The user above only likes apples.(for fruits) and only likes dogs (for pets)

Is there a simple way for me to display the results for all users in the database (for all fields).

bar and pie charts would be great. I'd like to do this using CF tags in my code.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you tried? Have you tried something that you are having difficulty with?

Have you looked at the cfchart documentation?? cfchart - ColdFusion, English documentation - Adobe Learning Resources / Creating Charts and Graphs - ColdFusion, English documentation - Adobe Learning Resources

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a longtime CF person and have no experience with CFChart.  What I have tried is I have looped through my query and brute force added up the values for each field, then used those numbers to control the width of a colored GIF, which shows my data (but it doesn't look as nice as it could, and will become problematic should my database take on thousands of records.

The example I am trying to solve (as I wrote above) involves various fields in a database to which a user can answer "yes" (1) or "no" (0), and I would like to have a chart of how many people said "yes" for each field in my table.  This seems like a specific graph, but also one that might come up fairly often (particularly on displaying results of surveys that have checkboxes).

I have not found any tutorials specific to this - so that's what I'm asking for.  It almost seems like a generically common enough sort of charting task, that I would think there almost might be a built-in function.

Again - any help would be appreciated.  As I find time, I will also try to read through all the documentation thoroughly - although I don't really need to use CFChart much in my daily life (this is sort of a one-time need).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation