Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to implement SSO in coldfusion 10?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I wanted to implement SSO using Coldfusion 10 for my organization. For this, we are going to use Microsoft Azure Active Directory. I wanted to use display name and employeeId coming from Azure AD for authentication purpose. For this I need to ask to setup SAML/Oauth application to another team working with us and handling Azure AD. But I am not sure to which SSO protocol coldfusion 10 supports? Can anybody help me on this?

Also, what code to be written in application.cfc so that I can compare credentials entered by the user to what is coming from Azure AD? Can I use cflogin to achieve this? how can I use this? Somebody please help......

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this figured out ?
We are trying to do the same exact thing.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Single Sign-On is about security. Your ColdFusion version (CF 10) has reached End Of Life. This means your gates may be wide open, but you will no longer get support or security patches.

Another consideration is that Single Sign-On implementations move on with the times. Your CF version may be too old for the currently available SSO implementations.

Therefore, my advice is that you should first think of upgrading to the latest ColdFusion version, ColdFusion 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll add also that the next release of CF (currently called Project Stratus) does add SAML support to CF (as either an idp or sp), so folks trying to get older versions to support it may do much better to try out the current free beta (of what will likely be called CF2021). For more on that name and on getting started with the beta, see these two posts of mine:

https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2020/10/5/looks_like_cf2020_will_be_cf2021/

https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2020/10/12/getting_started_with_CF2021_public_beta

Hope that's helpful. I know it's not the direct answer that either LittleDeveloper or Kevin_D__Wright were seeking, but it's a possible solution for others seeking SSO/SAML support built into CF.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation