• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to upload multiple images

May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks.

I have 10 file upload files for users to upload up to 10 different images into the same folder, but not sure how i should go about it. I did 10 different inserts, but it seemed very "chicken scratch" type coding. Not sure how to do it any other way, which brings me here. Can someone give me some direction on how to do it better?

I should say i have 10 different upload fields because i need the files to be named something like "page1.jpg, page2.jpg....etc". I could be doing this wrong too. I don't know. Any advice will be great.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

link is dead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Well, the post offering that link is from 2013. And the post it points to is from 2010. Just clarifying that it's not so surprising that such an old reference to such an old link might be "dead".
  2. Did you know you CAN often find even such old content, having been archived by the good ol "internet archive"? Just put web.archive.org in the front of the url (even in front of the http://), as in this. Then go to the capture from back then, like this. Fwiw, I have a blog post with more on using that service this way.
  3. No one mentioned in this thread here that the feature Ray was discussing in his post was the cf9-era cffileupload tag (or script statement, as of cf11). You can of course find more about that in the cfml reference page on it, but note that it was flash-based and has since been deprecated (as discussed there).
  4. So as for other ways to upload more than one file in a given web page, there are various other solutions having nothing to do with CF specifically. It's not clear if you may already know about those. Google searching will turn up options. 
  5. You may find value instead in the server-side cffile action="uploadall", which is discussed instead in the cfml reference here. That's for processing if multiple files may be uploaded via some other ui feature (such as a js-based one not offered via cfml)

Hope all that's helpful. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation