Exit

I cannot connect to the datasource

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

I am using coldfusion8.

And when trying to connect to a sql server data source which need to provide a servername. I had provided one domain name.

But cfusion said that the IP cannot be established the connection.

I guess cfusion has parsed the domain name to IP and using IP to connect.

That will not be allowed by the sql server data source.

How should I configure to make cfusion accept a domain name without paring it?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact error you are receiving.

What is the version of SQL Server?

It wouldn't matter if its hostname or IP, it should connect unless something is blocking it. You are using a very old version of CF. If you are using a newer version of SQL Server then the support wont be there which could be the start of the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Haxtbh,

Thanks again for supporting me.

The error I get is:

Connection verification failed for data source: wwf_intra3.oranxo

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Cannot open server "23.98.55.75" requested by the login. The login failed.

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Cannot open server "23.98.55.75" requested by the login. The login failed.

I’ve tested and found that it can work only with the domain name hmnomd30wm.database.windows.net

The server now only allows some limited IP to connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You perhaps have to configure the firewall on the database server to allow connections from the ColdFusion server. Oh, just so you know, when I ping hmnomd30wm.database.windows.net, it resolves to northcentralus1-a.control.database.windows.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More suggestions: have a look at this ColdFusion documentation. See for example the tips in the section Troubleshooting SQL Server connections on page 112. See also Microsoft's suggestions for connecting to SQL Server from another computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an azure sql deployment?

If so, you will need to log in to your azure account and the go to the database server and then configure the allowed IP addresses. You will need to add the IP of your Coldfusion server requesting the access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, your suggestion is giving me an Idea to try. I was adding the local IP address in the allowed IP of the DB server.

I will request the IT to proceed again with a WAN IP to check if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation