Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

J2EE breaks submitting form via AJaX

LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I'm fairly confident that this is related to my recent posts about SESSION and iFrame.  I'm just not sure how to fix it.

I have been working for several months on this project; but I only recently discovered that there are differences in CFAdmin between our dev and production environments.  Production is much more restrictive.

SO.. I bit the bullet, and set J2EE sessions to enabled; I set setDomainCookies to 'yes'; and enabled "Use UUID for cftoken" (that is what we have in production.)

Suddenly, the forms that I've been working on for months (that submit form data via jQuery AJaX) are breaking.  All of them.  FireBug says that "JSESSIONID has changed".  Well, duh, that's supposed to be a security feature.

Is there a way to submit form data via AJaX without undoing any of the settings I outlined, above?

Vr,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you do some form or  checking when you submit forms?

I use forms via ajax with these settings in place and have no problems at all.

The settings you mention have been in place on our setup for a long time and never get any issues related to the things you have mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, haxtbh‌,

I am using both client-side and server-side form validation.  Part of that validation is a math "captcha".  When the parent document loads, it sets many session variables, one of which is the numeric answer to a worded math question.

On the form, the last form element is the worded math question, with an input for the user to enter a digit-only response.  This response is passed to the CFC that processes the form data.  The CFC is not seeing the session variable that contains the answer.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation