• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Java.null.pointer error while migrating to Coldfusion18.

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’m migrating from cf11 project to CF18 with the help of this resource (https://forums.adobe.com/message/10661306#10661306). I have kept a copy of cf11 neo*.xml files and uninstalled cf11. Proceeding further and installing cf118 and done kept the neo*.xml files in the cfuion/lib folder, I have done the configurations of IIS and CFAdmin properly. But after all the setup I’m facing Java.null.pointer exception. I have checked the java and jvm section of cfadmin where the JVM Argumentslooks like this (

-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005 -server –add-opens=java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport=ALL-UNNAMED –add-opens=java.base/java.nio=ALL-UNNAMED –add-modules=java.xml.ws –add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED –add-opens=java.base/sun.util.cldr=ALL-UNNAMED –add-opens=java.base/sun.util.locale.provider=ALL-UNNAMED -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=192m -XX:+UseParallelGC -Xbatch -Djdk.attach.allowAttachSelf=true -Dcoldfusion.home={application.home} -Duser.language=en -Dcoldfusion.rootDir={application.home} -Dcom.sun.xml.bind.v2.bytecode.ClassTailor.noOptimize=true -Dcoldfusion.libPath={application.home}/lib -Dorg.apache.coyote.USE_CUSTOM_STATUS_MSG_IN_HEADER=true -Dcoldfusion.jsafe.defaultalgo=FIPS186Random -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.util.log.class=org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.JavaUtilLog -Djava.util.logging.config.file={application.home}/lib/logging.properties -Djava.locale.providers=COMPAT,SPI -Dsun.font.layoutengine=icu ).

I have found some UNNAMED values there. Is there some issue with the same?

There is a hibernate.hbm.xml file in my project config file, which is getting generated and if I remove that file then some abstract issue is thrown.

I have mentioned below the error which I’m getting.
I have tried multiple ways to overcome it but cannot do it. Please help me with this. I’m new to coldfusion.

**************ERROR***************

“Error”,”ajp-nio-8018-exec-3″,”11/22/18″,”17:33:22″,dev_ASFKHN,”” The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:****default.cfm” “
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.StAXConnector$1.getPublicId(StAXConnector.java:101)
at org.apache.xerces.util.SAXLocatorWrapper.getPublicId(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParseException.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$XSIErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.reportSchemaError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.processOneAttribute(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.processAttributes(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.validation.ValidatorHandlerImpl.startElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.ValidatingUnmarshaller.startElement(ValidatingUnmarshaller.java:101)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.InterningXmlVisitor.startElement(InterningXmlVisitor.java:75)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.StAXEventConnector.handleStartElement(StAXEventConnector.java:261)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.StAXEventConnector.bridge(StAXEventConnector.java:130)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:460)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:435)
at org.hibernate.boot.jaxb.internal.AbstractBinder.jaxb(AbstractBinder.java:171)
at org.hibernate.boot.jaxb.internal.MappingBinder.doBind(MappingBinder.java:61)
at org.hibernate.boot.jaxb.internal.AbstractBinder.doBind(AbstractBinder.java:102)
at org.hibernate.boot.jaxb.internal.AbstractBinder.bind(AbstractBinder.java:84)
at org.hibernate.boot.jaxb.internal.JaxpSourceXmlSource.doBind(JaxpSourceXmlSource.java:29)
at org.hibernate.boot.MetadataSources.addDocument(MetadataSources.java:409)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addDocument(Configuration.java:462)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.buildConfiguration(HibernateConfiguration.java:625)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.initHibernateConfiguration(HibernateConfiguration.java:207)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.<init>(HibernateConfiguration.java:180)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.ConfigurationManager.initConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:68)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateProvider.initializeORMForApplication(HibernateProvider.java:158)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateProvider.beforeApplicationStart(HibernateProvider.java:72)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.fireBeforeAppStartEvent(ApplicationFilter.java:750)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:362)
at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:162)
at coldfusion.filter.IpFilter.invoke(IpFilter.java:45)
at coldfusion.filter.LicenseFilter.invoke(LicenseFilter.java:30)
at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:96)
at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:60)
at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:226)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:311)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:46)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:47)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at coldfusion.inspect.weinre.MobileDeviceDomInspectionFilter.doFilter(MobileDeviceDomInspectionFilter.java:121)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:53)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:199)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:81)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:357)
at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.service(AjpProcessor.java:426)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:754)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1376)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1135)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:844)
“Error”,”ajp-nio-8018-exec-5″,”11/22/18″,”17:33:28″,dev_ASFKHN,”” The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:*****default.cfm” “
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.StAXConnector$1.getPublicId(StAXConnector.java:101)
at org.apache.xerces.util.SAXLocatorWrapper.getPublicId(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParseException.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$XSIErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.reportSchemaError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.processOneAttribute(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.processAttributes(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.validation.ValidatorHandlerImpl.startElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.ValidatingUnmarshaller.startElement(ValidatingUnmarshaller.java:101)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.InterningXmlVisitor.startElement(InterningXmlVisitor.java:75)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.StAXEventConnector.handleStartElement(StAXEventConnector.java:261)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.StAXEventConnector.bridge(StAXEventConnector.java:130)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:460)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:435)
at org.hibernate.boot.jaxb.internal.AbstractBinder.jaxb(AbstractBinder.java:171)
at org.hibernate.boot.jaxb.internal.MappingBinder.doBind(MappingBinder.java:61)
at org.hibernate.boot.jaxb.internal.AbstractBinder.doBind(AbstractBinder.java:102)
at org.hibernate.boot.jaxb.internal.AbstractBinder.bind(AbstractBinder.java:84)
at org.hibernate.boot.jaxb.internal.JaxpSourceXmlSource.doBind(JaxpSourceXmlSource.java:29)
at org.hibernate.boot.MetadataSources.addDocument(MetadataSources.java:409)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addDocument(Configuration.java:462)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.buildConfiguration(HibernateConfiguration.java:625)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.initHibernateConfiguration(HibernateConfiguration.java:207)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateConfiguration.<init>(HibernateConfiguration.java:180)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.ConfigurationManager.initConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:68)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateProvider.initializeORMForApplication(HibernateProvider.java:158)
at coldfusion.orm.hibernate.HibernateProvider.beforeApplicationStart(HibernateProvider.java:72)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.fireBeforeAppStartEvent(ApplicationFilter.java:750)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:362)
at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:162)
at coldfusion.filter.IpFilter.invoke(IpFilter.java:45)
at coldfusion.filter.LicenseFilter.invoke(LicenseFilter.java:30)
at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:96)
at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:60)
at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:226)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:311)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:46)
at coldfusion.inspect.weinre.MobileDeviceDomInspectionFilter.doFilter(MobileDeviceDomInspectionFilter.java:121)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:53)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:199)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:81)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:357)
at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.service(AjpProcessor.java:426)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:754)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1376)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1135)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:844)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you put one or more of the neo*.xml files from cf11 into the cf2018 lib folder? You should not do that 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then shall I start a fresh installation with cf2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, did you save the files that WERE there before moving these ones from 11 in? If so, you could try putting them back.

Also, since you had 11 on the machine, did you uninstall it BEFORE installing 2018? You didn't need to. If it was there (running or not), cf would have detected it and offered to import the cf11 settings automatically.

If you can restore the original 2018 neo*.xml files, there is yet another way to migrate the cf11 settings in, using that copy of the 11 neo*.xml files--but not by putting them IN the 2018 cfusion/lib. Instead there is a migration feature you can enable, where you'd put those files for 11 in a special directory and edit another xml file in 2018 to tell it to import them.

But you'd need to start with a working cf2018 and it's own neo files. If you can't restore them, then yes, rerun the installer, and after getting logged in, look into this :

Hidden Gem: Importing CF Admin settings in ANY release via 'import wizard', even AFTER installation ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying me Charlie.

Actually for the cf11 neo*.xml files I have saved them inside the cfusion\lib\cf11settings folder and for the cf2018 neo*.xml files I have not done any changes its there inside the cfusion\lib folder.

## Also, since you had 11 on the machine, did you uninstall it BEFORE installing 2018?

ans. yes I kept the backup of neo*.xml files for the cf11 and uninstalled it.

Well I have been following the steps from this reference ( https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf2018/cf2018-migration-guide.pd... ).

I can see now the changes in cf2018 administrator with my previous db connection and mappings.

I think I have missed something with the jvm arguments as there are some args with "UNNAMED". The jvm args in cf2018 adminstrator looks like this -->

-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005 -server –add-opens=java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport=ALL-UNNAMED –add-opens=java.base/java.nio=ALL-UNNAMED –add-modules=java.xml.ws –add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED –add-opens=java.base/sun.util.cldr=ALL-UNNAMED –add-opens=java.base/sun.util.locale.provider=ALL-UNNAMED -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=192m -XX:+UseParallelGC -Xbatch -Djdk.attach.allowAttachSelf=true -Dcoldfusion.home={application.home} -Duser.language=en -Dcoldfusion.rootDir={application.home} -Dcom.sun.xml.bind.v2.bytecode.ClassTailor.noOptimize=true -Dcoldfusion.libPath={application.home}/lib -Dorg.apache.coyote.USE_CUSTOM_STATUS_MSG_IN_HEADER=true -Dcoldfusion.jsafe.defaultalgo=FIPS186Random -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.util.log.class=org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.JavaUtilLog -Djava.util.logging.config.file={application.home}/lib/logging.properties -Djava.locale.providers=COMPAT,SPI -Dsun.font.layoutengine=icu

May be because of that its showing java.null.pointer exception. And in cf11 I was using jdk 8 and now I have installed jdk10 for the cf2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also done the required changes for the successful migration in \lib\adminconfig.xml file and edited the adminconfig.xml file with the required changes with 'runmigrationwizard' to TRUE and 'migrate2011' to TRUE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie Arehart, I have followed the link (http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2014/11/11/import_cfadmin_settings_anytime_using_impor...) which you have provided and the migration of the settings are done automatically just I have edited adminconfig.xml file.
But the JVM args are same as I had posted above and the java.null.pointer issue still persists. Please guide me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me with this Charlie Arehart​, I have followed the resource but and done a fresh migration which was done automatically by cf2018. Still I'm getting error of java.null.pointer. There is a hibernate.hbmxml file in my project config file, is this causing issue? or its related to cfadmin jvm args? Please reply, will be kind of you if you help me to get over this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You proposed trying a fresh installation. Have you tried that, since you are so pressed to resolve this? It seems you made some mistake during the install  as such a Java error is unexpected

If you need still more help, reach out to cfinstal@adobe.com, for free install help. Adobe does not watch every discussion thread here. They may even offer to do shared desktop session to help figure things out. Can

If you somehow don't get satisfactory resolution from them, I can also do such shared desktop assistance, though not for free. (I don't work for Adobe  For more, see carehart.org/consulting.)

As you can see, I do offer free help here and often can help people resolve problems, but some problems are just too complicate to resolve this way. I'm guessing we'll find you're doing something inappropriate and don't even realize it, but only in watching you can we figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks for guiding. Will update you soon regarding the further steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation