• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Java update screwed the pooch; rollback isn't helping. Please advise.

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

Running CF2016 update 12 on a Windows server.  We recently updated the Java (8u221 to 8u231) and started getting errors.  Rolled it back to 8u221, but the errors are still happening.

SEVERE: Session attribute event listener threw exception
java.lang.StackOverflowError

Exception in thread "Thread-xx" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/util/concurrent/ScheduledFuture

Exception in thread "Thread-xx" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/nio/channels/FileLock

WARNING: org.xerial's sqlite-jdbc is not loaded.

Please advise.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you "roll back", specifically?

There are of course many mistakes one can make in applying Java updates to cf, but if you revert back by simply switching cf's pointer to the java location back to what worked before, that should be all that's needed.

Only usually in cases of a jump of major Java versions (like 7 to 8, or 8 to 11) might it be necessary also to stop cf and clear the cfclasses folder.

I discuss that and a dozen other possible problems and solutions in this post:

https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2014/12/11/help_I_updated_CFs_JVM_and_it_wont_start

Finally, I can tell that you're possibly in a bind, and may need more help if the above somehow doesn't solve your problem. But I'm afraid I'm in Germany, where the cfcamp conference ended today, and it's now 920p, and I have a flight in the morning, so I won't likely see any reply in the next several hours. Sorry. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Charlie.  Thanks for responding.  Hope the con went well.  Did you enjoy some hefeweisse???  🙂

I asked our SA about how the rollback was completed, and she indicated that it was just a matter of changing the path to the JVM in CFAdmin.

Hope your flight went well.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the kind regards. The flight is still a few hours away, and the last weissen was several hours ago. 🙂

So ok on your answering my first question, and indeed confirming what I hoped. Now do consider the rest of what I wrote, about how to proceed.

The flight will be several hours, so  it may be mid-late your day before I'd see any replie, if offered more than a couple of hours from now. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation