• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login failed for user ''. when verifying datasource connection in Coldfusion Admin

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All other datasource connections are verified OK except one connection to SQL Server and on verification it gives an error Login failed for user".

I'm using mixed mode authentication in SQL Server. Can 't seem to think what else to get rid of the error.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Jyoti.

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the verification request is sending a blank string to the database management system. Edit the datasource settings, entering the correct user name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying back BKBK.

That was also my first guess, and I tried doing that. But I can't submit my datasource credentials, since it gives me error to add something from ODBC DSN drop down list, and my ODBC DSN drop down is empty for some reason. How can I add entries for ODBC DSN drop down ? And also is it the same thing to add a SQL Server Connection instead of ODBC Socket, since SQL Server Connection came out Ok. But my lead wants me to add it is a ODBC Socket connection and not as a SQL Server Connection.

Thank you,

Jyoti

imageCapture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create an ODBC DSN in Windows as follows:

1) Open Control Panel;

2) Double-click on Data Sources (ODBC). That will open the ODBC Data Source Administrator;

3) Select the tab, System DSN.

4) Click on Add.

5) Follow the instructions to create a new DSN for SQL Server.

When you're done, restart ColdFusion. The new DSN will be available to the datasource page of the ColdFusion Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already created ODBC Datasources in Administrative tools. Still I dont see them in the ODBC DSN dropdown while creating a ODBC Socket Datasource.Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. It might be an issue of bitness. If you are on 64-bit, create the system DSN with the same name, using both of these tools:

Windows\system32\odbcad32.exe

Windows\SYSWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BKBK,

Is this ok ? Should it work now ? I tried it didnt. Did I do something wrong ?

32 bit.png

64 bit.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They both look the same to me. Are your Windows and Coldfusion versions 64-bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both are 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you have 32-bit datasources in the 64-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator? I had expected to see only 64-bit datasources there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initially I had created 64 bit data sources, but going in CFAdmin, all the ODBC Socket datasources were giving out errors, so had to create 32 bit datasources, that took away the errors for all the datasources except one, OTIS, the one in question. driverMismatch.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I realize this is a bit late to the discussion, but may I ask why are you using ODBC to connect to SQL Server instead of the MS SQL Server driver included with ColdFusion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation