• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking to purchase CF 10 standard License

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current application won't support CF v.11 or higher without  a costly upgrade to the code. So this why i'm looking to purchase CF v.10 standard license

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless perhaps Adobe may reply with some special solution for you, my understanding is that you can no longer buy CF10, only CF2016.

(Yep, you can't buy CF11, either. One can buy CF2016 a certain way and get a "backward license" for 11. See http://blogs.coldfusion.com/adobe-coldfusion-backward-licensing/​ . But that does not apply to buying 10, as far as I know.)

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding to what Charlie has said, it is worth pointing out that ColdFusion 10 has reached end of Core Support: http://blogs.coldfusion.com/coldfusion-10-core-support-ends-in-may-2017/

This means that Adobe will not be publishing any further security or bug fixes for CF10.

I'm curious what feature is not working in CF11 or CF2016 that is preventing you from updating? Maybe there is a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great point, Pete. I should have mentioned that.

As for what may be holding him up, if I had to guess, it would be charting. That's the only thing I've seen really stump people (because CF11 changed the underlying charting engine). But yep, given the security risks of running CF10 (no longer updated by Adobe), it seems one would really have to weigh VERY carefully this "cost to make the upgrade work" against the cost of running a version of CF that Adobe is no longer updating for security vulnerabilities. The latter would seem to trump the former, for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Did you get a CF10 license? I'm in the same boat and, though I have a C11 Standard license, the app I need to license will work only with CF10, else the development effort will hamper a production timeline. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ... I have a C11 Standard license, the app I need to license will work only with CF10

Explain this to the Adobe Team (cfinstal[at]adobe.com). They might come to an agreement with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ayazaali, separate from BKBK's helpful suggestion, did you consider and might you share thoughts on the observations that Pete and I had made above in reply to cleargate in 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation