Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrate from ver 8 to latest

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to migrate it? Currently running on linux. If possible please show me the way or any related document.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read many, many posts in the Adobe forums from users who have skipped iterations of CF when upgrading (ie, going from CF7 to CF9, or CF8 to CF11, etc.)  It seems as though there are always problems.  I know CF Server isn't inexpensive.  But skipping one or more versions tends to lend itself to issues.  Often times, it's because of deprecated tags or tag attributes.  Sometimes it's because of changed default settings in CFAdmin, or other things that generally aren't considered when deciding to upgrade to a newer version.

One thing that is for sure, though.  There is a very good likelyhood of a lot of your CF8 code is going to go wonky (yes, that is the technical term) when run under CF11 or CF2016 (aka CF12).

I am unaware of any script that will automagickally migrate to your newer version.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks with your reply. I maybe ask my client to get VM's if possible to get test before doing full migration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will migrate setting/configuration to new server. Do you know where is setting/configuration store on linux?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if the installer for ColdFusion 2016 (or 11 even) will automatically transfer settings from CF8 (it will for CF9+) when you install it on a machine already running a previous version of CF.  However, you can make a CAR file from CF Administrator to transfer settings.

However, there are so many new settings in CF2016 (especially with the new Secure Profile installation), you might be better off doing a clean install of ColdFusion 2016 on a new machine.  Then work through the Administrator settings screen-by-screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show me how to? I don't have access to a client server so i need to list down step-by-step. CF2016 install on new machine, on same as CF8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this first: http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf2016/cf2016-migration-guid... .  Just substitute ColdFusion 8 wherever you see ColdFusion 9.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have manage to migrate it. Is it possible to reverse apache coyote to apache httpd? I'm try to use ajp 1.3 but from error on apache httpd show proxy null (127.0.0.1).

Is it possible to use virtual host with alias? If possible please pint me to direct document. I already use web configuration tool from adobe but not success. I think adobe miss something on ajp1.3 issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation