Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am getting the error below when trying to install on windows 11

Unable to Launch Java Application

The properties files is missing an essentail property file: lax.main.class

Please make sure it exists in the properties file C:/1713185448/windows/adobe_cf1.lax

I do NOT see the file adobe_cf1.lax in the folder I unzipped to (see screenshot)

javaerror.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Turning off anti-virus fixed the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gabrieldavis321  Could you please check if the installer file is correct? Please share the Checksum.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priyank,

How do I find the checksum?  I have used the same installer to install on my local windows 10 and on 3 servers, so I am not sure if it would suddenly be corrupted or something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the file adobe_cf.lax and renamed it to adobe_cf1.lax  and that seemed to resolve the issue, but I am not sure if that was the right thing to do.  Please advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off anti-virus fixed the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you solved it, and thanks for sharing what you did. But can you tell us what  a/v tool you were running? I've not heard of this error happening in hundreds of CF installs I've done or helped with.  There may be something unique to the specific a/v toold you were using (or maybe not).

Also, when you say you could not find the adobe_cf1.lax "in the folder I unzipped to", do you mean you unzipped the installer exe...perhaps hoping to find in it that file appearing anywhere? Do beware that the extracted zip does itself have still more. You'd need to dig deep into the "Russian dolls" to confirm if some file existed ANYWHERE in the installer. But I'll say I used a tool that could dig through that all, and the file does not exiist at all. There IS in fact an adobe_cf.lax in the root folder of the installer, as perhaps you found. I suspect the problem that you had may have led the code (within the installer) to get confused about the file name it was seeking.

Again, the good news is you solved your problem. I asked my quesiton above (and shared what I just did) for your sake and that of others who may find this thread in the future.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation