• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing neo-security.xml

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently CF 2016 refused to start and I found out, from viewing the error logs, that my neo-security.xml got corrupted.  I do not have a neo-security.bak file.  Is there anywhere I can get a rudimentary neo-security.xml file just to get things going?  I realize that all my datasources and other settings will be lost, but at least getting the application server running so I can get to CF Administrator will be a big step forward.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Thank you for your help. I tried a couple of neo-security.xml files, but couldn't get them to work, So I uninstalled ColdFusion and then reinstalled it.  That solved the problem, but was a fair amount of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fred, I can give you below, one,but note that it will have nothing to do with any need to redefine your datasources (they are in another file).

Instead, your CF admin password won't work with this because there's a "salt" field in the file, used encrypting for the Admin password, so the one you have (in another file) will not work with this salt.

But what you can do is turn off the need for a password in the admin (temporarily, of course) by editing the (I'm pretty sure) the admin.security.enabled, setting it to false and then restarting CF. You will find in the Admin's security page that you can turn back on the need of a password and at that time set one, which will use this file's salt.

I don't know if the DB passwords you may have are encrypted with this salt. if they are, then you would need to re-enter the passwords.

Let us know how it goes.

<wddxPacket version='1.0'><header/><data><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='AuthorizedUsers'><struct type='coldfusion.util.FastHashtable'></struct></var><var name='admin.userid.root'><string>admin</string></var><var name='CrossSiteScriptPatterns'><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='&lt;\s*(object|embed|script|applet|meta)'><string>&lt;InvalidTag</string></var></struct></var><var name='admin.userid.root.salt'><string>5A66E42E6E2B5E688FA82D7EAF652A3E</string></var><var name='rds.enabled'><string>true</string></var><var name='allowconcurrentadminlogin'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='allowedAdminIPList'><string></string></var><var name='contexts'><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'><var name='/'><struct type='coldfusion.server.ConfigMap'></struct></var></struct></var><var name='admin.security.enabled'><boolean value='true'/></var><var name='admin.userid.required'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='secureprofile.enabled'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='rds.security.enabled'><string>true</string></var><var name='sbs.security.enabled'><boolean value='false'/></var><var name='rds.security.usesinglerdspassword'><boolean value='true'/></var></struct></data></wddxPacket>

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fred, any news? If what I offered was helpful, could you consider marking it as the answer?

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I tried a couple of neo-security.xml files, but couldn't get them to work, So I uninstalled ColdFusion and then reinstalled it.  That solved the problem, but was a fair amount of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation