Exit

missing RUNTIME_USER value

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

Sorry for this naive question.

Hello, I have recently installed ColdFusion 2023 and ran the update 6 which gave me an error during the installation. below is the error I have got 

Execute Script/Batch file:   Extracting CURRENT_RUNTIME_USER from cfsetup.sh
                          Additional Notes: ERROR - Error while attempting to execute the installation script

I realized that I have not mentioned SILENT_RUNTIME_USER  parameter in my silent install properties file.

How do I fix this issue? 

Please advice.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Manoj36229141q88d   You can go to ColdFusion2023\cfusion\bin take the backup of the ColdFusion script file and then open it. You can find the Runtime_user which you can change, save and try to start CF.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I see multiple shell scripts. which one exactly should I update. can you please point the exact step to do or the file that needs to be updated with correct parameter.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's with the name "coldfusion". Just check this and open it.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no filename with 'cfusion' script on the installed path under cfusion/bin. However, I see a cfusion filename when I unzipped the ColdFusion_WWEJ_linux64  under cfusion/bin and there are few other files which I do not see with the silent installation setup.

I have tried to  manually copy the cfusion and provided the value for 'RUNTIME_USER=tomcat' but that didn't help .

Also, I have tried to mention 'export RUNTIME_USER=tomcat' on the cfsetup/cfsetup.sh script.

However, I think its getting overwritten and still causes the error when updating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Priyank Shrivastava.  following up on my previous post.  can you please provide any inputs on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation