• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a cold fusion programmer

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently inherited a website that is cold fusion. There are some menu items that need to be removed because the pages are now defunct. For example, there is a support option in the menu that leads to a PayPal option which no longer exists. When I go to the manager group option is logged in as primary administrator, there is no way to remove that option from the menu.  How do I get rid of this stuff?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you a ColdFusion developer? If so, you can bring your code here for discussion. Remember to remove any sensitive or personal information before you publish any code here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. No I am not. Do I need some kind of software in order to access the  The programming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need some kind of software in order to access the  The programming?

By @Carmich

You need ColdFusion software to find out which code is doing what. But you presumably already have ColdFusion. Otherwise you would not have been able to view pages from the application.

I would second what Charlie says. As you're not a ColdFusion developer, you can hire someone to help you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inherited a website that runs on cold fusion. That's why I'm asking for a cold fusion programmer. I know how to work the website as a user. It's an early form of social media with many options. One of those options is to click a support option in the drop-down menu that goes to a PayPal account that is defunct. I need to know how to take that out of the menu so that users won't try to use it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carmich, on the surface that would seem a trivial change. One may not even need to be "a coldfusion developer" to remove that menu option. It's likely just html, or perhaps Javascript or json.

But I gather you regard it as a black box you just don't really care to touch or even look into, right? Maybe you don't do any coding, even html, is that right?

I'll say that any of us here might solve that problem for you in a matter of minutes. But sometimes we may not step up to offer even such a "trivial" effort because often that is just the tip of the iceberg, and you may soon want to make still more changes. It's understandable, if indeed it's such a black box for you.

I'm just saying that it's one thing if you'd say you really want only that change vs if you'd admit you'd love to have still more done. The difference will influence who's prepared to step up to help. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have whatever app or program is required to hack the software in
that manner. I have been all over it as logged in as having full
Administrative access as a user not a programmer! Don’t you understand
it?--
Holly Carmichael, Artist
615-775-6341, cell

Facebook Pages: Holly Carmichael Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not build this website the person who did that died. I was a user and an administrator/moderator on the website. Yes I would love to change a lot of things but I don't even have access to change the first thing at all and don't know how to do it. You act as though I should have some kind of software that enables me to but I do not. Think of me as a blank slate except a person who used the website because it's a social media type of a site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did send you a private message. Did you receive it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please check your private email

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what you describe, this seems work that you should be able to readily find someone to help.

But this may not be a great place to find a developer. There are places where you can find them, either making themselves available or where you can announce your need. I keep a list of such places here:

https://cf411.com/cfjobs

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation