• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to prioritize a list then insert the prioritized numbers back into the DB

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a list of items in a database. I need a CF page that will allow a person to display all of the items and then prioritize (order) the list from "1 to n" and then have those prioritized numbers inserted back into the database.

It seems that I need to somehow combine a cfoutput query="Qry" (to list all of the items) with an <cfinput type="text"  (to add an order number) then have the order number inserted back into the database on the submit...but I would sure appreciate some initial guidance. I'm not sure I'm in the ballpark quite yet. TIA

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for future reference in the unlikely event that anyone needs to do something similar, I found a great example that does exactly what I was looking for (written almost 20 years ago ). I hope this helps someone.

https://www.irt.org/articles/js140/#8

Published on: Saturday 2nd January 1999 By: Janus Boye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation