• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New ColdFusion Release Adds Performance Monitoring Toolset for Measuring, Monitoring and Managing High-Performing Web Apps

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, we’re very excited to announce the 2018 release of Adobe ColdFusion. This release builds on Adobe’s industry-leading solution for creating and deploying scalable, high-performing web applications in CFML. Now in ColdFusion, we’ve added an all-new Performance Monitoring Toolset, a standalone server with low overhead to control and optimize applications and a new auto lockdown installer to help increase security in the Production Server. In addition, web developers can now boost the performance of their applications by taking advantage of Asynchronous programming and various other language enhancements. And, upgrading to the 2018 release immediately allows applications to run 30 percent faster.

“The enormous digital transformation that we are witnessing around us has made it an absolute necessity for organizations to quickly adapt to changing market developments,” said Tridib Roy Chowdhury, senior director of products, Print and Publishing, Adobe. “A secure platform, that is not only productive but also one that performs and scales well under variable demands, will lie at the heart of digital transformations happening in all organizations. The new features of Adobe ColdFusion platform provide our users, the much-needed tools and capabilities to handle the pace and scale of such a transformation”

“Market America|SHOP.COM generates $800 million in revenue annually and applications we’ve built with Adobe ColdFusion help drive that revenue,” said Kent Shelton, Senior Director of Architecture and Engineering, Market America|SHOP.COM. “Upgrading to the latest version of Adobe ColdFusion will allow us to continue optimizing revenue-generating applications for speed, high availability, and responsive design for any device.”

New ColdFusion updates include:

• Performance Monitoring Toolset: ColdFusion users can now assess the health of the system with the all-new Performance Monitoring Toolset. Flag performance issues and isolate problem areas so that you can initiate corrective action much faster. Know the average response time and throughput across the cluster or specific to a node, application, or page, in real time. Swiftly identify and resolve complex performance issues buried deep in your code. Get the detailed information required to pinpoint the root cause of bottlenecks, and troubleshoot applications more effectively.
  • Asynchronous programming: ColdFusion now makes it simple to make an Asynchronous call without the overhead of managing multiple threads. Boost the performance of your principal application by offloading resource-intensive code segments to a secondary thread.
  • REST Playground: Developers can now create and manage all their REST services from a single application. The simple, intuitive UI makes it a breeze to validate the accuracy of APIs. Make changes to the REST APIs without having to restart the application.
  • Server Auto Lockdown: ColdFusion System Administrators could more easily make their servers Production ready by running the auto lockdown installer. This helps implement the lockdown of production servers with a single click. All steps in the lockdown guide will be systematically followed, helping to improve security and help gain compliance.
  • API Management Platform: ColdFusion Enterprise users can use the new support for data transformation and threat protection to change the behavior of their APIs. It also supports Multitenancy which would aid to maximize resource sharing among tenants even while providing an isolated view for each.

Helpful Links

Pricing and Availability

The latest version of Adobe ColdFusion is immediately available worldwide. Full license pricing ranges from US$2,499 for ColdFusion Standard Edition to US$9,499 for ColdFusion Enterprise Edition. ColdFusion Builder is priced at US$299 and upgrade pricing is available on all editions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anit,

Where can I download the CF2018 release of performance monitoring tool to install?

Once I have the CF2018 PMT installer how can I alter CFadmin to enable monitoring? My CFadmin displays PMT in red crosses, there does not seem to be a method to enable it. Details:

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

Have you installed PMT? If no, please install it first.

Once it is installed, you can enable monitoring using PMT dashboard.

Please refer this blog post for more information:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2018/07/auto-discovery/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharma,

No I have not installed PMT. Where do I find PMT on my CF2018 install? Is PMT a separate download?

My Adobe CF2018 program group shows:

-administrator

-license

-readme

-sms client application

-web server configuration tool

Thanks Kindly, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl,

Yes, it is a separate installer. You can download it from the trials page.

Here's the link to download the PMT installer:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/coldfusion/updates/13/performance/ColdFusion_2018_PerformanceMoni...

-Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nimit,

Sorry I did not notice the PMT dialog when I retrieved the CF installer. Seems obvious now.

Appreciate, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl,

No problem at all.

We are really looking forward to your valuable feedback on ColdFusion 2018 and Performance Monitoring Toolset.

-Nimit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anit,

do you know if this new Standard Edition can be used to deploy a SaaS application sold to customers for a monthly fee?

Or is this kind of use case prohibited by the license?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ari,

I will not be able answer the licensing part of the same. I can arrange a callback from a Licensing and Sales expert, who can provide correct information. Let me know, if you need the same.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I was able to successfully install PerformanceMonitoringToolset in the server. but its not able to discover the server, automatically. Is there anyway to configure the PMT to run over https and in Apache? I couldn't find its configuration files.

Thank you,

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annie,

Please start a new thread and the community will contribute to the same.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We were running the 2016 trial, which expired.  Our application is currently a bit crippled. Now trying buy the 2016 version or extend our trial (a week or so) until we have time to plan a migration to 2018.  We have already purchased 2018.  Any help would be fantastic.  I have spend over 3 hours trying to reach someone to talk to.  Submitted a support request via chat and they said I may not receive a call back until tomorrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation