• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New error for JVM, now.

LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2009 Aug 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm getting "no 'server' found at C:/Program Files/Java/jre6\bin\server\jvm.dll"

I know that the slashes are screwed up; how do I fix it?  It's not a registry setting (well, it IS, but I've corrected it in the registry, still getting the above error, as typed.)

Thanks,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows shouldn't really care about the direction of the slashes (or java on windows).

Does the path really exists to the .dll?

Is that the complete error that you are getting? Where is that error appearing?

Byron Mann

mannb@hostmysite.com

byronosity@gmail.com

Software Architect

hosting.com | hostmysite.com

http://www.hostmysite.com/?utm_source=bb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the path exists, and the jvm.dll file is in that location.  That is the complete error I get.  I tried manually starting the CF Application server and it gave an error, so I dropped to a command line and tried to run the batch file to start the server; this is where the error message appears.

Thanks,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realized the "server" folder shouldn't be there.

jvm's installed with the JRE won't support the -server argument when CF is starting up.  You'll find this in the jvm.config for CF.

You'll need to install a JDK, then update the java path in the jvm.config for CF.

So the path should be something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk6\bin\server\jvm.dll"

Curious though, if it's a CF stand alone install, there should be a jvm in the CF directory to use.  Probably this path.

c:\ColdFusion8\runtime\jre\bin

You JVM config is in this directory:

c:\ColdFusion8\runtime\bin

java.home=C:/ColdFusion8/runtime/jre  - should be the line to the local jre installed.

Otherwise install the jdk

java.home=C:/Program Files/Java/jdk6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2009 Aug 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your assistance.  I have scrapped the install and started from scratch.  I now have a different issue that I will be posting about.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation