• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to connect to Update Site: Connection Failure: Status code unavailable.

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion 2021 will not update through CFAdmin.  Download states "Starting Download".  However, this error is logged in cfusion/logs/update.log:  Not able to connect to Update Site: Connection Failure: Status code unavailable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you behind proxy? You can install update manually. Please check the instruction in this article. Search for "INSTALL THE UPDATE IN OFFLINE MODE MANUALLY"

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-2021-update-2.html

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I'm not behind a proxy.  I've tried on multiple CF2021 installs hosted in different data centers and also my local development instance.  I could install manually, but I'd rather figure out why the CFAdmin method doesn't work since that might indicate other problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try 2 steps. 

1. Upgrade the JDK and see if that works. You can download the latest JDK 11.0.12 from this link and point to CF2021 and try again. https://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/downloads.html#additionalThirdPartyInstallers

2. Import the certificate in existing keystore and see if that resolve the issue. Link to download the cert: https://www.adobe.com/go/coldfusion-updates

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Priyank, I am having a similar problem, ironically on the same server with the CFLDAP issue.

I upgraded the JVM but it did not help. I can go to the update site using the URL in the setting s page from the server with out issue. It does display an XML output though. The server does show me updates are available for individual packages. The button to upgrade does nothing on my local PC, using the actual server it is install on will promtp to update the pakcage.

When I choose the version to update to in one of the packages, it prompts me with this: 

Are you sure you want to upgrade package administrator ?
This package requires the core server to be at update 2. ColdFusion server will be updated first and package(s) will be installed automatically at the server restart.

Letting CF do this, it does then install update #2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, @jascomp , can you let us know if you are using the CF2021 installer released last month? Or are you perhaps still using one from earlier this year or late last year?

The reason I ask is that the original one came installed with Java 11.0.1--which is 3 years old this week. That was a mistake on Adobe's part--and the JVM being that old HAS in fact caused problems for many, including and especially this inability to access the CF updates from the Admin (in some cases, not all, for some reason).

Anyway, the new CF2021 installer (released last month) comes with both Java 11.0.11 (from April of this year) as well as CF2021 update 2 already installed, saving folks lots of trouble. As Priyank noted, you COULD update the JVM to solve this problem in your current deployments (and most SHOULD, to fix other TLS-related issues. I discuss that in this post.)

That said, implementing any version of Java 11.0.11 or higher (or Java 8.0.291 or higher) can introduce a new problem, as those now won't allow calling out to a server via https/tls unless that server at least supports TLS v1.2. That's a JVM thing, not an Adobe thing. You can undo that limitation via a java config property, as I discuss in another blog post from that time.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie Arehart I ended up reinstalling using the latest installer on my local workstation.  I still have a couple of servers that need updated and I will try the JDK update.  I will report my findings to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear. Thanks for the update. So again, the CF reinstall (with the new installer) would have implemented the updated JVM, so that's surely the fix. As such, updating the JVM on the others should do it as well.

Either way, do consider also that last point I made, about TLS 1.2. Your testing of what failed may "work", but some other request may soon fail because of that. Just be aware of the problem and the solution I shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie Arehart updated JDK to 11.0.11 still no luck.  Imported *.adobe.com cert to JDK 11.0.11 cert store using the keytool.  Still no luck.  Reenabled older TLS per your blog post and still no luck downloading the updates through CFAdmin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something seems amiss on your end. I help others download and apply (and deal with any other issues about) the updates almost daily. You can also try the manual steps Priyank offered. 

If you want it working from the admin (as it should) , I'm prepared to meet you in an online screenshare session. We should not need more than 15 mins. If we can't solve it, you won't have to pay for my time. If we find you made a mistake, it would be fair to expect to be paid for my time. If you're interested, reach out to me, via contact info offered at carehart.org.

If you may prefer to wait to see if Priyank or someone at Adobe may offer to do a screenshare for free, I'd understand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some steps to try:

1.  Restart ColdFusion.
  2.  Clear the browser cache and/or change to a new browser before opening the ColdFusion Administrator page.
  3.  Go to the Package Manager page in the Administrator, and locate the section Update Site. Verify that the value of Site URL is  https://www.adobe.com/go/coldfusion-updates.
         If it isn't, then enter that value and press the button Submit Changes. 

BKBK_1-1634371212644.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know I am late to this "party," but I think I discovered a trick within the CF Administrator that seems to work.  From Package Manager > Available Packages uninstall one package.  I am not sure it matters, but I selected MySQL.  Then, reinstall that package.  I received a message that read CF will install Update 10 (the latest at the time of this writing) and all other updates before reinstalling MySQL.  I proceeded, and although I had to restart CF manually, the latest updates were installed along with the reinstall of the MySQL package.  This worked on two different machines with CF2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation