Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page Footer not printing

Explorer ,
May 10, 2007 May 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I´ve inserted the "quick field" "X of Y" in the page footer of the report. But it only prints on the first page.
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Manuel
TOPICS
Reporting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 24, 2007 May 24, 2007
Thanks for your reply.
Indeed I have The 7.0.2 update. But I found the problem. It was actually in the design or size of the different bands. Thanks anyway.

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 11, 2007 May 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manuel,

The firstpage will be populated with the 'X of Y' with out any problems how ever if you want to do this for the subsequent pages you will need some multiple calculated fields.

Navigate to the Properties sheet and set Evaluation Time to Report and try running again. It will work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried the following:
Inserted on the Page Footer pane a line, a Label and the quick field "Page X". On the properties of "Page X" I've set the Evaluation Time to "Report". It prints on the first page "2" and on the second page nothing. Then I've set the property to "Page". It prints on the first page "1" and on the second page nothing.
What am I missing here?
Again thanks.

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Dave,

Further, I've inserted instead "Page X of Y". Set the properties for X as "Page" and for "Y" as "Report". It prints correctly Page 1 of 2 on the first page, but still nothing on the second page.

Thanks,

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2007 May 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you apply CF Updater 7.0.2 and Cummulative Hot Fix 2 for 7.0.2 . Your answer may be there if you are using CFMX 7.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2007 May 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.
Indeed I have The 7.0.2 update. But I found the problem. It was actually in the design or size of the different bands. Thanks anyway.

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manuel,

It seems that you are not using the Calculated field (which is important here to do the X of Y thing).

So after adding this calculated field only you should try setting the 'Evaluation Time' to 'Report' in the properties sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m not sure I´m following you.
Do I have to add a calculated field on the "Calculated Fields"? If so after naming it, and saying that it should perform calculation on calc.Page_Number, what should I define as the calculation to be performed?
Also, shouldn´t it print anyway the line and label inserted in the Page Footer?
Thanks again an sorry.

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manuel,

The scenario look like this,

We need to have 2 Calculated fields here...

First one to display the first page number

And the second calculated field should also be placed in the footer in which we should set the 'Evaluation Time' to 'Report' in the properties...

Hope you can understand now : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m so sorry to be a pain in the ... 🙂 But is this calculated field that I´m not getting. Should I add manually a calculated field, name it for example Page, say that it performs calculation on the by default named calc.Page_Number inserted automatically by the quick insert?. If so, what type of calculation shoud I define for this new calculated field.
I´m probably missing a very simple thing. Forgive me.
Thanks,

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No pain at all mate!!!...

I've found a tutorial for you... Please go through...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the link of the tutorial. I´ve gone through it and I understand the concept, but I think ther must be another problem.

I´v added the X an Y fields as follows:

X = "Page" & calc.Page_Number
Y= " of " & calc.Page_Number

set the Evaluation Time for X as "Page"
set the Evaluation Time for Y as "Report"

with this scenario it displays on the first page footer "Page 1 of 2" and on the second page nothing shows. Blank.

To test further I´ve altered the Evaluation Time for X to "Report".

It displays now Page 2 of 2 on the first page, which makes sense, and still nothing on the second page. Blank.

Should it not be printing on the second page with any of these settings?
Another question:

Can´t I have a Label and a Line on the Page Footer and print it? If I can, How do I set the evaluation time for them?

Thanks once again.

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure how to use this site, but here goes, I have created a word document that prints the footer on the last page only and it works great when I print the word document however when it converts to PDF the last page does not print or create. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation