• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ports on a firewall

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2007 Oct 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read the article on the ports that CFMX uses but confused as to how to tell our WAN folks what to put in the access list configuration. My current configuration (not supported my M$) is one NIC on our internal network and the other NIC tied to the DMZ. Our objective is to disable the LAN NIC so the server can route properly. When I disable the LAN NIC I am unable to access the CF pages either remotely or local on the machine.

HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Which webserver is CF tied to? Typically, when running in standard or mult-server mode, you won't use any non-standard port. You would have CF configured to run on top of Apache or IIS, which would serve the templates up over the web standard port 80 for http traffic. The port number applied to a specific instance is the port connection between the webserver and CF/JRun instance. Aside from webserver config you also have to take into consideration DNS. For instance, I have several sites configured within Apache, many pointing to different CF instances (with their own ports per instance), but they all run through port 80 to the browser. I have to configure my system's host file to view the sites (dev only stuff) from the server, as they aren't listed on any DNS server.

You shouldn't have any issue running dual NICs on your server. In fact we have three on one server. Your routing will be defined by the IP settings you apply to each NIC, how your switch may be setup, how DNS is directing traffic, and the configuration of your webserver. Disabling your LAN NIC shouldn't have killed your web content, unless your webserver is improperly setup to use it's IP block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation