• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Post CF 2023 install, webserver connector in wsconfig is blank

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded our CF 2018 to CF 2023 using the zip install. I do not see a webserver connector in wsconfig.exe. Do I need to create one manually? I also do not see the uninstall.exe under the CF 2023 directory structure or the CF 2023 program in Control Panel>Programs and Features? Is the uninstall option only made aviable when installing using the GUI install?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that wsconfig.exe is just a stub that runs wsconfig.jar for you, so you shouldn't see anything in it. The zip install does include wsconfig.jar, and it's worked for other people, so I'd file a bug if it doesn't work for you. You won't get the menu to let you run wsconfig.exe from the Windows GUI or whatever, but you should be able to run it from the command line.

I doubt there's an uninstall option for the zip installer. That's a GUI thing. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to manually uninstall CF. Stop the CF services, go to the command prompt or Windows Explorer or whatever, delete the handful of relevant registry keys, delete C:\ColdFusion2023, and you should be good to go. The zip installer doesn't include the .NET proxy or add-on services if I recall correctly, so I think everything will be in the home directory.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to all of Dave's useful observations, I'll lament that the downloads pages for cf don't make it more clear why one would or would NOT want to use the zip option. It's too easy for one to see the zip and go "130mb vs 1.3gb? Yes please" but not realize how very different the final setup will be, let alone the install experience, if they're used to it previously running based on the full installer.

It doesn't help that the install page focuses on installing the zip. One has to dig to find the install page on running the installer.

There are clearly some for whom the zip install makes sense (automation being one--though the full install has a silent option, and starting with only the two most core packages--though one could remove all in the cf admin or using cfpm).

The change (of the two variants) was introduced in cf2021, and sadly this lack of clarity in the download pages and docs will challenge people for years. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember that, when the ColdFusion 2021 ZIP installer was introduced, there were 2 ncessary conditions that had to be satified before installation (see references below):

1.  You had to be signed in as Administrator.
  2.  You had to install the Microsoft 2012 Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime.

Did you satisfy both conditions?

References:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2020/12/coldfusion-2021-install-experience/ 

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/using/install-coldfusion-zip.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello , Might sound silly but hwere is CF installation.exe locatioed ? I found 1 in ColdFusion_2023_WWEJ_win64\ColdFusion_WWEJ_win64\ColdFusion\cfusion\bin , however when i try to execute it nothing happens , Could you please guide 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mili5EFC , Are you asking the original poster @SherlockBH  a question, or are you asking a question of your own? That is unclear to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question of my own , on how to install CF 2023 , I am clueless a bit , need your guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your question seems to be about something different. I would suggest you start a new thread of your own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation