Problem with installing Coldfusion 11 hotfix 12

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fully patched, fresh install of Windows Server 2012 R2

IIS 8

CF 11 Standard

I installed CF 11 as per the CF 11 Lockdown guide and the CF Administrator came up fine.

I went though the CF 11 Lockdown guide, applied hotfix 12 via the the CF Administrator and when done I went to start the CF Administrator site on the builtin web server and I got a 500 error. See below

http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

I went through all the settings and permissions in the lockdown guide and all looked to be in order.

After googling a bit I uninstalled the hotfix 11 and the CF Administrator site came up and all worked fine. I went and reinstalled the hotfix manually and got the same error. See below.

I tried this several time to no avail. I also tried to install hotfix 11 and even hotfix 10 and still got the same error.

I have been all over google trying to find a work around and even tried reinstalling the web connectors as per Charlie Arehart's article ( am willing to try anything at this juncture).

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2013/9/13/why_you_must_update_cf10_webserver_connector

I am dead in the water here and the client is growing impatient.

Could any be so kind to help me out and/or point me in the right direction?

Thanx

Gerald

Jun 30, 2017 10:56:39 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO: failed to load: coldfusion.CfmServlet

Jun 30, 2017 10:56:39 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke

SEVERE: Allocate exception for servlet CfmServlet

coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory$ServiceNotAvailableException: The Runtime service is not available.

at coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory.getRuntimeService(ServiceFactory.java:117)

at coldfusion.CfmServlet.init(CfmServlet.java:99)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121)

at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.init(BootstrapServlet.java:59)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:288)

at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:285)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:320)

at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:175)

at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:124)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1270)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1195)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:866)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:134)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:505)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:450)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1078)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:625)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

coldfusion.server.ServiceFactory$ServiceNotAvailableException: The Runtime service is not available.

at coldfusion.bootstrap.ClassloaderHelper.initServletClass(ClassloaderHelper.java:121)

at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:175)

at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:124)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1270)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1195)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:134)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:505)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1078)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:625)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

Jun 30, 2017 10:56:39 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

INFO: failed to load: coldfusion.CfmServlet

Jun 30, 2017 10:56:39 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke

SEVERE: Allocate exception for servlet CfmServlet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience I have found that after following the lockdown guide, the hot fixes never install correctly most likely due to permissions. As part of the lockdown guide you change the service that is running Coldfusion to another user. This is where the permissions problem exists.

I don't know exactly why, even when the user has full permission to the CF folder but I find myself just changing the service user back to the default (SYSTEM) and then installing the update. It never has any issues doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to
answer my question. I tried your suggestion to no avail. We got the same error
in the install error log. Something to the tune “could not find system32” or
some such.

What did work was to find a more recent version of CF 11 and
uninstall the previous version and do a fresh install from scratch. Then I grabbed a
fresh version of the hotfix and patched it right after the install while CF was
running under the SYSTEM account. With that the install and hotfix went flawlessly.
I am not sure why the newer files worked seeing that I have installed and
patched CF using the original install file several times in the past.

As always, thank you for your assistance,

G!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I usually resort to downloading updates via CF Admin and then running them manually from an elevated command prompt (run CMD.exe as Administrator).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation