• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

specified CFC could not be found

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Googled this for several hours, hope I'm missing the obvious as usual...

I'm using CF9 and IIS7. Followed/tailored simple autosuggest code from Ben Forta.

Came up with HTML:

<cfinput type="text" name="Employer" size="50" autosuggest="cfc:employer.lookupEmployer({cfautosuggestvalue})">

and a CFC named employer.cfc in the current template folder:

<cfcomponent output="false">

<cffunction name="lookupEmployer" access="remote" returntype="array">

<cfargument name="search" type="any" required="false" default="">

<cfset var data="">

<cfset var result=ArrayNew(1)>

<cfquery name="data" datasource="Binkley">

Select lname

From tdLicense

Order By lname

</cfquery>

<cfloop query="data">

<cfset ArrayAppend(result, lname)>

</cfloop>

<cfreturn result>

</cffunction>

</cfcomponent>

The query runs fine in a test cfm file.

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say it is C:\Workgroups\WebPages\binkley. What then do you get when you do this:

<cfinput type="text" name="Employer" size="50" autosuggest="cfc:/TrackData/NoMenu/employer.lookupEmployer({cfautosuggestvalue})">

Probably better:

<cfinput type="text" name="Employer" size="50" autosuggest="cfc:/TrackData.NoMenu.employer.lookupEmployer({cfautosuggestvalue})">

[added edit: reverted to employer.cfc]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, this reply is out of order, I'll try most recent suggestion now...

same error

The specified CFC :/TrackData/NoMenu/employers could not be found.

The path to the CFC must be specified as a full path, or as a relative path from the current template, without the use of mappings.
The error occurred in C:\Workgroups\WebPages\binkley\TrackData\NoMenu\test.cfm: line 42
40 :           
41 : <cfform name="emp" method="get" >
42 :      <cfinput type="text" name="Employerx" id="Employerx" size="50" autosuggest="cfc::/TrackData/NoMenu/employers.lookupEmployer({cfautosuggestvalue})">
43 : </cfform>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then binkley was probably not the root directory. In fact, I wondered about WebPages as a possibility(What's in a name?).

In any case, before we proceed any further, verify that the file-name of the CFC you are using is employers.cfc, not employer.cfc as before.

Please let us know what you get when you run the following:

root directory: <cfoutput>#expandpath('/')#</cfoutput>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#expandpath('/')# returns: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\

If I browse to: http://[my domain]/binkley/trackdata/Nomenu/employers.cfc?method=lookupEmployer&search=sm

returns my query results.

test.cfm (in same folder as employers.cfc) returns the same error: "The specified CFC employers could not be found"

Contents of test.cfm:

<cfform name="emp" method="get">

<cfinput type="text" name="Employerx" id="Employerx" size="50" autosuggest="cfc:employers.lookupEmployer({cfautosuggestvalue})">

</cfform>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is actually getting curious now.

What does this output:

<cfoutput>

<cfset path ="/">

#path#: #expandPath(path)#<br />

<cfset path &= "binkley/">

<cfset path &= "trackdata/">

<cfset path &= "Nomenu/">

<cfset path &= "employers.cfc">

</cfoutput>

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<cfoutput>

<cfset path ="/">

<cfset path &= "binkley/">

<cfset path &= "trackdata/">

<cfset path &= "Nomenu/">

<cfset path &= "employers.cfc">

</cfoutput>

returns:

/: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\
/binkley/: C:\Workgroups\WebPages\binkley\
/binkley/trackdata/: C:\Workgroups\WebPages\binkley\TrackData\
/binkley/trackdata/Nomenu/: C:\Workgroups\WebPages\binkley\TrackData\NoMenu\
/binkley/trackdata/Nomenu/employers.cfc: C:\Workgroups\WebPages\binkley\TrackData\NoMenu\employers.cfc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do me a favour (for the purposes of testing): stick employers.cfc here (make the subdirectories if necessary):

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\binkley\TrackData\NoMenu\employers.cfc

Oh, and all those paths it output are correct, yes?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Binkley is a virtual directory located at C:\Workgroups\WebPages\binkley on the file system. This is our intranet (protected by application.cfc)...

Our public site, on the same server, is located at c:\wwwroot\inetpub

Thus there is no C:\inetpub\wwwroot\binkley\TrackData\NoMenu\ on the file system.

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cfc:/binkley/TrackData/NoMenu/employers gives the same error

cfc:/binkley.TrackData.NoMenu.employers gives the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading all you both have had to say... I had an idea.

I placed a copy of employers.cfc in C:\inetpub\wwwroot and

cfc:employers.lookupEmployer({cfautosuggestvalue})

displayed the form with no error!

It just times out and never return the query data but hey, that's some progress...

However, that's a publicly exposed folder and can't be the final solution.

Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LyndonPatton wrote:

Binkley is a virtual directory located at C:\Workgroups\WebPages\binkley on the file system. This is our intranet (protected by application.cfc)...

Our public site, on the same server, is located at c:\wwwroot\inetpub

Thus there is no C:\inetpub\wwwroot\binkley\TrackData\NoMenu\ on the file system.

Does this help?

Yes, it says everything. More later. That was actually the basis of Adam's suggestion to copy the files to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know that. You know that too.  However I suspect CF does not know that (due to what is seeming more and more like a bug in CF to me).  Hence why I asked to actually create that dir & the file in it, to test that theory.  I'm trying to identify whether CF is looking for C:\inetpub\wwwroot\binkley\TrackData\NoMenu\employers.cfc rather than C:\Workgroups\WebPages\binkley\TrackData\NoMenu\employers.cfc. If we can isolate that being the problem, we can start working on how to work around it.

Note that wherever employers.cfc ends up, it will need to be web browseable, because the client browser will need to access it.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what it is.

"Binkley is a virtual directory located at C:\Workgroups\WebPages\binkley on the file system."

A virtual directory is a web server conceit, so is not helping CF locate a CFC.  I suspect yout CF root is C:\inetpub\wwwroot. So that's where CF looks for CFCs. It doesn't know to look anywhere else.

I suspect if you create a CF mapping to /binkley pointing to C:\Workgroups\WebPages\binkley, and reference the CFC in the <cfinput> as binkley.employers, then CF will be able to find it.

?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the mapping and that did it! (I did remove the cfc from the root).

No data is being returned but I can try and trouble shoot that now that the form is displaying.

Thank you both so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This now goes back to my original question (which, as it turns out, was a bit pre-emptive):

What URL is JS hitting when making the request to employer.cfc? And is employer.cfc at that URL?

Use Firebug to watch what's going on when the form loads... you should see an HTTP request going to employers.cfc.  What's its HTTP status code and response?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LyndonPatton wrote:

I created the mapping and that did it! (I did remove the cfc from the root).

No data is being returned but I can try and trouble shoot that now that the form is displaying.

I had to rush off in the middle of the action. You've both beaten me to the mapping idea.

You might also have to make a copy of or create a symbolic link to CFIDE in the virtual root directory C:\Workgroups\WebPages\. In any case, this is probably the best place to remind you of the suggestion I made about the query:

Select distinct lname

From tdLicense

Where lname like <cfqueryparam value="#arguments.search#%" cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar">

Order By lname

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added the <cfqueryparam> to the query.

I'm not sure where to look in firebug to answer Adam's questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the network panel.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the response tab I see a json data set:

["SAAVEDRA, ANTONIO","SAAVEDRA, LEONEL","SABIN, CARL EUGENE ","SABO, ELIAS JOSEPH JR","SACHDEV, ANN M"]

Where do I find the "status code"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if you're getting results back, then it'll've been a "200 OK". It's one of the columns on the network tab's results table anyhow.

So you're getting results back but you're not getting the autosuggest thing showing up?  Any other JS errors?

--
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any errors. The suggest list is not showing up... The progress gif is changing back and forth as it should tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any errors.

When you say you don't see any, where are you looking?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam Cameron. wrote:

--

Adam

On the page with the form, a list should display below the input element shouldn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the page with the form, a list should display below the input element shouldn't it?

😐

No, browsers don't display Javascript errors by default. It depends on your browser as to how to display them, but if you've got Firefox (or Chrome) Firebug will display them on the console tab.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam Cameron. wrote:

😐

No, browsers don't display Javascript errors by default. It depends on your browser as to how to display them, but if you've got Firefox (or Chrome) Firebug will display them on the console tab.

--

Adam

There are no more javascript errors. What I'm saying that is not displaying is the suggest list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation