Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install ajax in CF 2021

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I am having difficulty installing the ajax package. The package I'm trying to install is ajax (2021.0.02.328618) and I've tried using CFAdmin and cfpm. Is there anyone that has run into a similar problem? I'm running CF2021 on Windows server 2016. 

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Hi Everybody!

I tried to do update through CF Admin first. Then I tried to do it through command line (cfpm). 

Neither method worked. I think the update just timed out and so did trying to run the batch command.

I am able to install all of the packages available with the exception of the ajax package. Kinda weird. 

The error I got was "ajax package cannot be installed by the server. Please check the server logs and try installing again"

I tried checking coldfusion and windows server logs looking f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following steps:

1.  Open the command prompt (CMD) as administrator;
  2.  Use the DOS command CD to navigate to C:\ColdFusion2021\cfusion\bin;
  3.  Type cfpm.bat and press ENTER. That should bring up ColdFusion's Package Manager tool.
  4.  Type uninstall ajax and press ENTER. When ColdFusion finishes, type quit and press ENTER.
  5.  Close the CMD window.
  6.  Restart ColdFusion 2021. 
  7.  Open the ColdFusion Administrator in a browser, go to the Package Manager page, and confirm that there is no Ajax package installed. 
  8.  Open the command prompt (CMD) as administrator. Use the DOS command CD to navigate to C:\ColdFusion2021\cfusion\bin.  Type cfpm.bat and press ENTER. Type install ajax and press ENTER. 
    You should see something like:
    BKBK_0-1655456976832.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's kind to offer such detailed steps, I'll be surprised if they work given the original post (which makes it seem they did this).

Also, to the OP, can you install any other packages? Use the list command in cfpm to see what you have.

And is this a new install of cf2021, or one used for months? If the latter, what changed recently? If the former, are you using the zip install of cf for any particular reason? The full/gui installer would have included all packages, without need to worry about this matter of the cfpm. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody!

I tried to do update through CF Admin first. Then I tried to do it through command line (cfpm). 

Neither method worked. I think the update just timed out and so did trying to run the batch command.

I am able to install all of the packages available with the exception of the ajax package. Kinda weird. 

The error I got was "ajax package cannot be installed by the server. Please check the server logs and try installing again"

I tried checking coldfusion and windows server logs looking for clues but what I didn't think to do was check the server logs the cfusion folder.

This message stands out:

An error has occurred while installing the package ajax. Exception : Script folder C:\ColdFusion2021\cfusion\wwwroot\dev_scripts\scripts not found. Ajax package has been downloaded at C:/ColdFusion2021/bundles/ajax-2021.0.02.328618.zip. If you have created a mapping of cf_scripts folder, you can copy the contents of the downloaded zip into CF_SCRIPTS/scrips/ajax folder

What I discovered was that my Default ScriptSrc Directory  under server settings in CF admin was wrong.  The dev_scripts folder doesn't exist at all. Must've been set up by someone before me.  I changed it to cfscripts/scripts and voila! I was able to install the package

Thank you both for your replies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear, and good sleuthing. I was trying to first find if there was something unique for you about that Ajax package. Glad you proceeded to the logs.

And yes, that is a tragic but not uncommon problem--that something in the cf admin breaks if you change the default script src. That should not happen. You should open a tracker ticket reporting it (tracker.adobe.com), then share it here for us to add votes.

I suspect the solution is to create a tomcat  virtual directory - - which cf should do if we change that default value. I'm on my phone as I see this so can't test it. Let us k ow of you do (anyone). 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@droppedsci , thanks for the update and for sharing your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation