Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urgent: Is Azure supports Oracle database

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

My application front end is coldfusion 2021 and back end is Oracle database so now we are migrating our application into Azure services.

1. Is azure supports Oracle database??

Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to sound insulting here, but it really seems like this is something that would have been checked before you decided to migrate to Azure. Anyway, the answer is yes, you can run Oracle on Azure VMs just like you can run pretty much anything else. It is also possible, according to this blog post I just read, to integrate Oracle's own cloud infrastructure with Azure so that you're connecting from Azure to Oracle Cloud. That requires you to buy high-speed networking from both Azure and Oracle, though.

https://cloud.netapp.com/blog/azure-cvo-blg-oracle-on-azure-managed-service-vs-managed-storage#H_H2

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave watts,
please find attached screenshot .please give clarification 

3713446E-8706-4304-8C69-2AC6D5A433D8.jpeg

  thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That screenshot shows "Cloud Database Support", which means using the DBaaS products in AWS or Azure. For example, in AWS I can use something called RDS for MySQL, which lets me run MySQL without setting up a server. But if I'm ok with setting up servers myself on virtual machines, I can just run MySQL on them if I want. The same is true for Azure. You'll need to run Oracle on Azure VMs and you won't be able to use Azure's DBaaS product.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation