• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Manual for Cold Fusion 2018

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can i get a user manual for ColdFusion 2018, I'm a new user and would like to have a good start. You can share blogs or links that can help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot find a "user manual for CF2018", if by that you mean one that covers ONLY CF2018 and not the latest version CF2021 also. Adobe does indeed offer its docs online, but they don't keep specific versions. Instead, they roll new info into the docs as new releases come out (and CF2021 came out last month).

Even so, nearly everything that's "new" is indicated as such in the docs, so that one using CF2018 still COULD use those docs.

And FWIW, there's more than just the CFML Reference. Sadly, that is what comes up most often in a google search for information, and trying to learn how to use a feature with that is like trying to learn to speak a language by reading a dictionary. 🙂

Instead, there is also the Developer's Guide, which is just as substantial (both woudl be 3,000 pages if printed)...and when you ask for for a "user manual", I would say that's the better resource to look to. But then you also say you are a new user, so it seems you are looking as much for a getting started resource. There's a separate manual for that.

And while I could list links to these different CF manuals (and more), some great news is that I did that already in a blog post, Did you know there’s far more to the CF docs than just the CFML Reference? 

BTW, as a new user to CF, check out also the many categories of info I offer at my cf411.com site, especially: 

Welcome to the CF world. You will find that there is a LOT of great info out there, and people wanting to help.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation