• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web service issue on Coldfusion org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Stream closed

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our webservice is thorwing out this error.

We are running Cold Fusion 2021 Update 4 on Windows 2019

The most recent thing we changed was the TLS 1.2 lock down.

I reverted all the TLS registry changes but it didnt fix anything.

I am not 100% its even related.

The only other thing that happened between last time it worked, was regular windows updates.

NO code changes to the web service or site code.

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Stream closed
	at org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java:531)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:375)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:421)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:229)
	at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:165)
	at ws.internal.WsInternalInstallsCfcStub.getCurrentVersions(WsInternalInstallsCfcStub.java:192)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
	at coldfusion.xml.rpc.Axis2ServiceProxy.getResult(Axis2ServicePr... ''

AXIS2.XML file on coldfusion is running version 1.7.0

it has these parrameters

<transportSender name="local"
                     class="org.apache.axis2.transport.local.LocalTransportSender"/>
    <transportSender name="http"
                     class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender">
        <parameter name="PROTOCOL">HTTP/1.1</parameter>
        <parameter name="Transfer-Encoding">chunked</parameter>

<!-- If following is set to 'true', optional action part of the Content-Type will not be added to the SOAP 1.2 messages -->
        <!--  <parameter name="OmitSOAP12Action">true</parameter>  -->
    </transportSender>

<transportSender name="https"
                     class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender">
        <parameter name="PROTOCOL">HTTP/1.1</parameter>
        <parameter name="Transfer-Encoding">chunked</parameter>
    </transportSender>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

We found out that the WS worked when placed in /Webservice folder of the site, but not /WS locations.

That wold indicate its some sort of prermission, but we could not figure it out. Gave it all possible permissions.

It could be aconflict with the code there.

We could not figure it out, so we reworked the WS code to run differently

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be that the web service is unable to read the response coming in. Perhaps the response is in an unexpected format, character-set or file extension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found out that the WS worked when placed in /Webservice folder of the site, but not /WS locations.

That wold indicate its some sort of prermission, but we could not figure it out. Gave it all possible permissions.

It could be aconflict with the code there.

We could not figure it out, so we reworked the WS code to run differently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, I'll note that I'm not aware of CF having any pre-defined folders called either /Webservice or /WS. Those would seem to be things you all created on your end--and you may have configuration in either the CF Admin or the app's application.cfc/cfm, or in the calls to your web services, that influence those folder name choices.

As such, it would again not seem to be anything about CF (or any update you did to it) that caused the change in behavior. You (or someone) could also have updated the JVM that CF uses, and that could have led to important changes--though I'd not think of the sort your error shows.

Then again, you mention also a Windows update, and I suppose that COULD have been what started things. But I will note also that in doing that Windows update, you would have likely restarted the box--which would restart CF--and it may be that somehow you had not restarted CF in some long time (days, weeks, or months).  As such, there could have been changes made (to CF or otherwise) in those days, weeks, or months before that would not have taken effect until the CF restart. (If you restart CF nightly or something, I realize this would not apply to you.)

I realize also that you say you've modified your code to get things working, so all this may seem moot to bother mentioning. I just share it in case it MAY help connect some dots for you, or at least help others who find this discussion in the future.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation