• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where Can I Get Another Neo-Cron.xml?

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a backup of it, can someone tell me where I can get another one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Well, I have bad news and good news--but the good news involves providing you the neo-cron.xml file you requested.

First, let's clarify that there is no resource from Adobe that offers default versions of such neo*.xml files. You're not the first to run into a situation where you need some particular one (often the neo-cron.xml). And normally someone in tour situation would have to hope that someone might share a copy here.  But there's a risk in that, since anyone already running CF might hav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have bad news and good news--but the good news involves providing you the neo-cron.xml file you requested.

First, let's clarify that there is no resource from Adobe that offers default versions of such neo*.xml files. You're not the first to run into a situation where you need some particular one (often the neo-cron.xml). And normally someone in tour situation would have to hope that someone might share a copy here.  But there's a risk in that, since anyone already running CF might have modified the file. It would be important that it truly was an inital version of the file. Then, too, you haven't said what version of CF you are running--so someone trying to help might offer a file in such a case might share one from a given version without identifying it, and that may be a WRONG file for YOUR version.

So here's good news: I've decided to implement a solution to this problem. As you may know, there is a site called cfmlrepo.com, created originally by Gavin Pickin and contributed to by myself and other trusted members of the community, to hold past versions of CF, Lucee, and related installers. 

I have just created a folder there, for CF2021 and 2018 to start, where I have put the neo*.xml files for the current latest versions of those (CF2021 update 1, and CF2018 update 11). To clarify, I obtained them by running the Adobe CF Docker images. I copied the files from within the container once it was running, for each CF version. As such, they are indeed "default" versions for each. That said, there could be SOME aspects of the files that may have OS-specific paths (such as for the CFIDE virtual directory in the neo-runtime.xml file).

But even better news for your SPECIFIC need of a neo-cron.xml is that I can confirm it has nothing like that, so you should be good to go. (I can also confirm that the initial version of that SPECIFIC file is the same in CF2021 and CF2018.)

The files for each version are here for CF2021 and here for CF2018. Again, these are folders within the folder with installers and other files for each CF version. These are in the form of a set of Google drive folders. The cfmlrepo.com site serves as a pointer to the top level of that.

(Of course, when you put the neo-cron.xml into your own cfusion/lib, you'd need to then restart CF. In fact, you should really stop your CF and THEN copy the file into that folder, and then start CF. Sometimes CF writes to its neo xml files during shutdown.)

Let us know if this solves the problem for you.

PS About the need sometimes to obtain an original neo-cron.xml, this is due to a problem I reported to Adobe a few years ago. Tragically, they have marked it as "not a bug" and "closed" my ticket, despite ongoing comments from others. If you may be interested, the ticket is here.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello - In the course of an attempted MySQL/Maria DB server and connector update for a CF 2021 installation with several other complications, I received an error that according to other forum sources seemed to point to a problem with my neo-query.xml file.  Within the admin, datasource connections were simply unreachable because the pages did not resolve.  When looking at the neo-datasource.xml file I found some binary mixed in with the text, and as for the neo-query.xml file, I found that I didn't have one at all. Reverting to a previous system snapshot restored a fully readable neo-datasource.

Charlie, I found your listing of the default neo files mentioned above and it's missing neo-query.xml.  Could you tell me whether CF 2021 uses both neo-query.xml and neo-datasource.xml?  If so, is there a way to get a copy of a neo-query.xml file?

Thank you

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you set now? If not, let us know what's up. If you are, and my first reply helped, it could help readers if you marked it as the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thank you!.. I tried to respond to the thread the  other day but got an error… Great job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear. Thabks for the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation