Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2021 ODBC Agent

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please be kind, this info is coming from one of our programmers, it's likely I will get terms wrong as I am a Blood Banker, not a programmer, hence my username.  🙂

We are running CF 2021.  We are trying to connect to an offsite Oracle database.

When she tried to create the connection in Data Sources she got "The ColdFusion ODBC Server service is not running or has not been installed."  In the pic below of IIS you can see the error when she tries to start it.  Is there something I need to install too?

Thank you!

bloodbanker_0-1627588662323.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Hi @bloodbanker 

You can connect using Oracle JDBC thin driver instead of using ODBC. For ODBC services, you can try these command from command prompt for re-installing ODBC.

ColdFusion2021\cfusion\bin>cfpm.bat uninstall odbc
ColdFusion2021\cfusion\bin>cfpm.bat install odbc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @bloodbanker 

You can connect using Oracle JDBC thin driver instead of using ODBC. For ODBC services, you can try these command from command prompt for re-installing ODBC.

ColdFusion2021\cfusion\bin>cfpm.bat uninstall odbc
ColdFusion2021\cfusion\bin>cfpm.bat install odbc

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation