• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

coldfusion 2016 server monitoring is not accessible because flash player is needed

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For a while now, I can't access server monitoring when I click on the server monitoring button, it sends me this link
This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash and when I click on get flash send me here: https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html
Since Adobe no longer supports Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.

how do I access if the plash player does not work anymore?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short version is, you can't. Flash Player is dead. Adobe had no idea that this would happen back in 2016 or whenever, and nothing is supported forever.

The longer version is that there are open-source Flash Player variants out there, but (a) they only run on Linux, and (b) I have no idea whether they will run this specific Flash app.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are other ways to monitor your CF2016. It is Java and tomcat underneath so you could enable Java options like Java Management Extensions then use Java Mission Control to get insight. An APM tool I am liking at the moment is glowroot. Then there are paid options like FusionReactor or Dynatrace. Those and many others that are available either freely or paid could be of assistance.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is gone. So, think about the future. Two common alternatives to Server Monitor are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BKBK,

User runs CF2016 (Adobe EOL - think about future). Correct me if I am wrong Performance Monitoring Toolset works with CF2018 and CF2021 so not available to user.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl, you are not wrong. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi BKBK,

User runs CF2016 (Adobe EOL - think about future). Correct me if I am wrong Performance Monitoring Toolset works with CF2018 and CF2021 so not available to user.

Regards, Carl.

By @carl type3

Thanks, Carl. I shall add a note.

@default1rpqjoep7hqk , Dave already answered your question. The rest of the discussion consists of supplementary suggestions.

Flash, Server Monitor and ColdFusion 2016 are either out or on their way out. So the writing's on the wall for even more of your services. When I say, think about the future, I am suggesting you take the long-term view. For example, think of moving from ColdFusion 2016 to ColdFusion 2021. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation