• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CMYK ICC Profile download not working?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error message saying the site is insecure when trying to download CMYK ICC Profile from Adobe support and it ends in Site cannot be reached. I urgently need to download the color profiles. Any advice for an alternative FREE source or how to overcome this will be greatly appreciated..🙏 here https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/iccprofiles/iccprofiles_win.html .

Capture 1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Hi

what specific ICC profile/s are you looking to download please?

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

All sorted thanks. The link is dead but I did manage to get the ICC profiles needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

what specific ICC profile/s are you looking to download please?

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All sorted thanks. The link is dead but I did manage to get the ICC profiles needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish you would let me know how you did it.  It doesn't work for me either and I get exactly the screens you show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Baturi,

good to know you worked it out

you might like to post where you found the profiles you sought [and what they were] to help other forum users find them.

Also to report the broken link as a website 'bug' here: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ... as far as I see ... download link is still dead. Can anybody provide one alternative  source where I can download the AdobeRGB1988 , please ?

Thank you forwards !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mariusdimian

Do you have any Adobe applications installed?

You should never need to download Adobe RGB (1998) because any Adobe imaging application installer places it on your system - in various places. 

Why do you need to download?

If you do a system wide search for "AdobeRGB1998" does it not turn up?

I suggest you reinstall Photoshop - or whichever Adobe app. you're using.

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I use Adobe Photoshop CC and Lightroom  Classic. The reason why I tried to get the ICC profile was because I use a new monitor which is capabile to 99% AdobeRGB. The Monitor is Hardware calibrated and for accurate printings, Colour Management should be set on AdobeRGB1998.icc as the manufacturer of the Monitor recomended.

Reinstalling Adobe Applications doesn't solve the problem. So ... nope, it doesn't help me this advice but I found the profiles elswhere so I am fine now. Is just pitty that the links on Adobe Site doesn't work and despite it was reported by othe users too, Adobe doesn't fixed the link.

Best Regards,

Marius  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marius

You didn’t tell us the display make?

In any case, although the manufacturer of your new monitor display may claim that it covers a good portion of Adobe RGB, it's very unlikely that the colour and tonal characteristics match Adobe RGB exactly.

Ideally, you would use a display profile made specifically for that display.

A hardware calibrated display such as an Eizo Coloredge can be set to match the gamut of the Adobe RGB colourspace (as near as it can) but it still needs it's own icc profile for the display. 

Perhaps you may have misunderstood the display manufacturer's advice?

Would you like to give us a link to the display manual please?

In any case, if you have any Adobe applications installed Adobe RGB is installed along with them. 

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I spoke about a BENQ 270C display, you know the specs I guess. So, yes .. maybe I understood wrong and I would thankfully receive your explanation regarding the advice of the manufacturer. Chek on YouTube ( BenQ SW Series Pre-Calibrated Build-In Color Mode Explained! ) from Minute 04:30. 

Thank you forwards !

Best Regards,

Marius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marius

I watched the part of the video you referenced

unless they worked VERY VERY hard to get the display to match Adobe RGB exactly [I've never seen it] then that’s smelling like BS I'm afraid.

sorry

you really should be calibrating your display using a hardware calibrator like the i1 display 

AND I still say that you MUST have Adobe RGB on your system, if you installed Photoshop 

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

thank you very much for your answer. I trully found the Adobe RGB on my system under "All Profiles" creation date is 11.08.2000, Version 2.1.0. I am now  sure this was installed be me and not by Adobe. Second Installation is on another machine, there is NO AdobeRGB(1988).icc profile (...installed by Adobe). Yes, I use a PS & LR CC subscription.

As this happen on both machines, it cannot be a coincidence so far. I asked anothe photographer, he has same status. However, it doesn't harm if  I ( or anybody else..) install the profile separattely. The topic of the discussion, is still WHY this download link is dead on Adobe webpage ?

Thank you  once again !

Best regards ! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to download as well and get an error message, can someone send a better link to download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "AdobeRGB1998.icc" profile is reliably installed by Adobe applications

I've no idea why you want to download it, but if you must - try googling, I found a few places offering download 

On a Mac it's installed here, perhaps someone will help,with where to find it on Windows:

Screenshot 2021-05-23 at 17.35.03.jpg

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C Drive > Program Files > Common > Adobe > Color > Profiles > Recommended

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, 

Thank you again. I cannot speak about Mac because I don't use one. It might be like you said. I have 2 Windows machines and on both is installed the brand new version from Adobe via Cloud. 

I didn't found that profile in the Colour Management on both computers and I guess the reason why the Author of this thread asked here is the same as mine. 

I already found it with google search and now I am fine with that.

I will insall on a Mac and see if it will be placed an samr location where you point. Are you sure, the profile was not there b4 you install Adobe ?

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H

Are you sure, the profile was not there b4 you install Adobe ?

yes, I'm sure

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need to download the icc color profiles, I don't use adobe i use gimp, and on all the tutorials I found to export an image in cmyk colors, I need to download the adobe color profiles package, but the link seems to be dead, any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jimmy5EED wrote:

i need to download the icc color profiles, I don't use adobe i use gimp, and on all the tutorials I found to export an image in cmyk colors, I need to download the adobe color profiles package, but the link seems to be dead, any ideas?

You MUST contact the printer or prepress dept for a specific profile for their output process. Or find the specific kind of CMYK process, (if used) and maybe find a profile for that process (such as SWOP TR001 etc). 

SeeL

http://digitaldog.net/files/CMYKPart1.pdf

http://digitaldog.net/files/CMYKPart2.pdf

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jimmy,

Andrew's absolutely right, you must not just use the Photshop default, choose a CMYK profile at random, or take a recommendation from anyone other than the printer who is doing the job unless you're really confident about who you're asking (asking Andrew The Digital Dog is safe for sure). 

Oh, I asked a friend whose wife knows a designer what CMYK profile to use and my colours came out wrong" 

BEWARE

Where to get Adobe's profiles (the ones that are installed with Photoshop etc.)? I guess they only allow their customers to use them

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines