• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Connect 9.5

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several issues with this. First off Internet Explorer doesn't work on some pages but Chrome does show the requested page. Also this when clicking Event Management then clicking Event Templates I get a weird URL of http:///content/connect/c1/7//event_landing.html what is really strange is my site is using port 443 and is a https site. This link pops up in various pages.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rpenman65 wrote:

First off Internet Explorer doesn't work on some pages but Chrome does show the requested page.

With the IE issue, what is shown by IE? Does it show an error?

rpenman65 wrote:

Also this when clicking Event Management then clicking Event Templates I get a weird URL of http:///content/connect/c1/7//event_landing.html

That sounds like the link that is used when clicking on the Edit Template link. This link is calling to your instance of CQ that should be installed with Connect if you are using the Events module. If CQ is not installed, then that link may not resolve.

rpenman65 wrote:

what is really strange is my site is using port 443 and is a https site.

Port 443 is the port for all SSL encrypted traffic. So HTTPS (and RTMPS) traffic should be transmitted over port 443. It sounds like this is working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what shows in IE:

AC IE Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also looking at the page it has the following:

There is code in the page:

editTemplateLink.href = "javascript:load('/system/login-redirect?next='+encodeURIComponent('cq-auth:/content/connect/c1/7/en/events/event/shared.html'))"

This is what is breaking it in IE. No idea where that is coming from or why it's there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, not sure why it isn't working in IE, but maybe that is just IE.

Here is the workflow I see to use that link:

On the Events Templates page click on the Edit Template link. You can see the call that is made when you click on this link at the bottom of my screen shot.

Adobe Connect - Events - Edit Template Link.JPG

You are then taken to the CQ page editor for that template file.

Adobe Connect - Events - Edit Template Page.JPG

If you are seeing this call elsehwere, then you may need to work with Adobe Support to identify the issue and work out a resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of that happens it links to that strange URL that I mentioned earlier but in Chrome I get the following:

AC CHROME.JPG

I also think that my upgrade from Adobe Connect 8.2 up to 9.5 might also have something to do with it. I don't have any event templates on 8.2 that I am aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm bit rusty with Connect 8, but I don't believe that the CQ server was part of it. The Events module was available, but it worked very differently.

With the change to Connect 9 (I believe) came the addition of the CQ servers as part of the improved look and tracking for Connect Events.

So, it seems like you upgraded from 8.2 to 9.5, with an account that has the Events module, but didn't install the CQ servers to support the new Events functionality. I may be off, but from what I have seen, that is what it looks like to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to determine of CQ was installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have needed to select that they get installed as part of the upgrade installer for Connect 9. I believe they should be checked by default when upgrading an account with the Events Module. However, you can check and see if the Adobe CQ application is shown in the Services tool of your server(s). It should show as this or cqsvc.exe.

WinService_ServicesStart.png

It is also worth noting that it is recommended that you have a dedicated server for the CQ application, to ensure that you don't lose performance on your Connect server.

I did find this guide to help explain the difference between Events in Connect 8 and Connect 9: Adobe Connect 9: Event Migration Guide - Adobe Connect User Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just validated that I have the CQ installed and everything looks to be running correctly. I suppose at this juncture I should have a call placed in and have Adobe Support help me figure this out.

Adobe Connect Services.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that seems like the best next course of action. 866-335-2256 for Connect Licensed Support, if you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines