• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Connect Guests Unable to Log in After Password Reset

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today it was brought to my attention that our Adobe Connect Guest accounts get “Invalid user or password. Please try again” errors after resetting their password. The same error occurs whether the guest uses the "forgot password” link, when an admin selects “Send a link to reset this user's password,” and when an admin selects “Set temporary password for this user.”

I have just closed an Adobe Connect support case that took 8 months to resolve, and I am not happy about having to call support again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Hi Bradley,

Guest rights will have no ability to login to Adobe Connect. You'll have to convert them to a full Adobe Connect user in order to allow for this (Administration --> Manage Guests --> Select the Guest --> Convert to User).

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bradley,

Guest rights will have no ability to login to Adobe Connect. You'll have to convert them to a full Adobe Connect user in order to allow for this (Administration --> Manage Guests --> Select the Guest --> Convert to User).

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I was testing this improperly. Our Guests are indeed able to able to log into Seminar Rooms after a password reset. I'm still not sure what was going on with the person who reported the issue to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bradley,

Ok, very good. I think they were trying to login to Adobe Connect Central (eg. http://my.connecturl.com) instead of the Seminar Room (eg. http://my.connecturl.com/seminarroom/). If you try it out, logging into Adobe Connect Central as a guest user won't work and will perpetually return a password error, even if the password is right. If you reset their password, then when they attempt to login to Connect Central they will be asked to provide a new password, so it looks like it will work - but once the password is reset, they will be brought back to the login screen again, and the new password will fail just as the old one did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines