• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP 4 freezing unexpectedly in Standard view v11.2

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably a hardware or network issue on our end (we're the government and we're a decade behind) but just wodering if anyone else is experiencing mp 4 video playback issues that are seemingly random. We already use extremely low res custom codecs (using the setttings from Connect 8 to format the videos) and nobody is on the VPN. Having people in the same room see one screen freeze up and another working fine - and thoughts?

TOPICS
Events , Meetings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

I see this in Chromium based browsers (Edge and Chrome) and the the desktop app (which is Chromium based). The simple layman's explanation is that Chromium solutions are 'lazy' and wait till the last second to ask for more portions of the video. The server gets tired of waiting and times out before the application asks for more, and thus the video freezes. 

No resoution yet, but I'm trying to make noise to get some solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this in Chromium based browsers (Edge and Chrome) and the the desktop app (which is Chromium based). The simple layman's explanation is that Chromium solutions are 'lazy' and wait till the last second to ask for more portions of the video. The server gets tired of waiting and times out before the application asks for more, and thus the video freezes. 

No resoution yet, but I'm trying to make noise to get some solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jorma. Will add my voice to the conern as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in both out test and prod on-premise environment. We are running version 11.2.3a.

As you say it does not matter if we are running with or without VPN or use different res. The buffer status is fine the movie freeze.

The  movie freezes randomly for different participants in the same meeting. Once the movie has frozen it does not start again. If the movie freeze for a host it is still possible for the host to change the time in the time bar for the users that still se the movie. Strange 🙂
Have any of you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the issue has been resolved by 11.2.3a. I don't recall the exact version, but we've seen our customers no longer see this issue. Did you upgrade your environment to 11.2.3a or did you do a clean install of 11.2.3a? If you upgraded, be sure you did all the upgrades, including an upgrade to the Tomcat server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma, we did an upgrade to 11.2.3a (both production and test environment).

In the test enviroment we only have one server so all functions are updated at the same time.

We did not try to run any mp4 movies in meetings before this verison so I do not know in which version the problem started I just know that we experiance it now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Jorma,

We are now running the latest version 11.3.0b in our on-premise environment, still the same freezeing issue.

(the test environment newly reinstalled)

Do you have any other ideas on what we can look at?

We cant see anything special going on with the network, no IPS check or lost sessions at the time of the freezing.

The servers are virtual and we cant see any issues with resourses (CPU, memory, disk latency and so on)

We have tried to run without antovirus checks both on the servers and on the clients.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open your developer tools in your browser, you should be able to see any errors or issue on the page being viewed. Does the browser show the error ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH 206?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I get those messages and also some ERR_CONNECTION_RESET.

But there is no special error message when a MP4 freezes. 

For example I tried to run a MP4 movie this morning. The movie is 41 minutes long and after about 20 minutes it froze.

I was frozen for about 6 min 30 seconds (as always on version 11.3) and then contiued where it had froze.

Before the stop I got six Cnnection errors and nine Length Missmatch errors.

I get the same errors messages (but not as many) when I look at the same movie in an Adobe Connect meeting outside our organization as well but in these meetings the movie does not freeze.

All network traffic runs through a loadbalancer which also decryps trafic from the outside-in and encrypts trafix from in-outside. Have you heard of any issues ragarding using a loadbalancer?

It is very strange that even if the movie freezes at different times for different users its always starts again after about 6min 30sek 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this was resolved for our customer somewhere along the upgrade path thruogh 11.2. I just don't recall what the exact update was. I'd recommend you talk with your Platinum Support contact at Adobe, as they may know the specific patch that may need to be run on the AMS servers to resolve this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We just updated last week and haven't had an issue since - caveat to that: we're not running anything remotely near a 40 minute video and we do a VBR 2 pass encoding at 0.5 Mbps (as previously stated). We always recommend our audience disconnect from VPN as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines