• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't close Creative Cloud Desktop app?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just updated to the new CC app, looks nicer than the tiny old one. But one problem - you can't close it. With the old app, you could right-click on the icon in the task tray and choose "Close" to close the app. The new one doesn't have a right-click 😞

Request: Please add a right-click with close option to the task tray icon.

(running on Windows 10)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature has been requested for years, we are posting in an almost 3 year old thread because something as basic as being able to exit the program without uninstalling it still hasnt been added after nearly 3 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are user-to-user forums.  adobe's going to change nothing based on anything you post here because their employees rarely check the forums and never check old threads.

so again, if you want to make a suggestion to adobe, post here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is that we have filled out that wish form multiple times to no avail. But I'll do it agian, just for fun 😉

This is a "feature" that should just be, it shouldn't be something anyone had to post about. I think that is why we are frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure what adobe does with those wish forms, either.  but i know venting here does nothing to effect adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the only way at this stage is to turn off  'Launch Creative Cloud at login' in settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open app File> exit or just Ctrl+W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel that Adobe at this point has made it so on a purpose that it can't be closed. It started with option to close it, but they removed it (for some reason), now they want you to run it at all times in the background without an option to close, most likely so you don't forget about Adobe for a week and to improve and increase interraction with Adobe products.

rudo_0-1662567673949.png

The latest CC app icon is in the taskbar and you can't right click on it to exit or close, you can only open the Adobe CC app and close it to taskbar.

It is running along with these 11 services:

• CCXProcess
  • CCLibrary
  • AdobeExtensionsService
  • AdobeUpdateService
  • Adobe Installer
  • AdobeIPCBroker
  • Creative Cloud Helper
  • Adobe CEF Helper
  • CoreSync
  • node.exe (Node.js JavaScript Runtime)
  • Creative Cloud.exe (Creative Cloud Desktop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rudo 

open cc>click upper left hamger>file>exit cc

kglad_0-1662568291325.png

that will not shut down the background processes, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly, Adobe should be ashamed of themselves. Employees should be ashamed that they failed at pushing back against always having Creative Cloud running in the background. This is a feature that's clearly been begged for -- FOR YEARS. With multiple feature requests. I work high in the industry and often make feature/software stack decisions and I will now be advising all clients to pick one of the many alternatives to Adobe.

This specific issue is actually what caused me to entirely uninstall Adobe and I will not be back. I do not care if other graphic design tools are (only slightly now) inferior, it's far more desirable to strip out the constant monitoring and unneccessary background tasks associated with Creative Cloud. I use Illustrator / Photoshop maybe once every 6 months, I don't need your bloatware. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines