Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Creative Cloud Files Shortcut: Windows & Mac

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

remove-creative-cloud-from-explorer.jpg

When installing the Creative Cloud desktop application, your computer generates a folder called "Creative Cloud Files." The sync service previously created a backup of the contents of the folder online, but this service is discontinued (see this for more info:https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html). Furthermore, a shortcut to this folder was automatically pinned to the Mac sidebar and the Windows Navigation panel. 

Sometimes, you may want to remove this shortcut from the Navigation panel or the sidebar. Despite its removal, it reappears after upgrading or reinstalling the Creative Cloud desktop application.

• For individual users for whom 'Creative Cloud Synced files' had been discontinued, CCF folders would be renamed to "Creative Cloud Files + <account type> + <profile_name> + <email> + <profile_id/guid>", and a shortcut would be created in the navigation panel. The content inside this folder will not be synced to the cloud. 

• For users who still have access to 'Creative Cloud Synced files', there is no change in behavior or user experience.

To remove the shortcut, try the steps mentioned below:-

For Mac- 

• Users with access to the 'Creative Cloud synced files' folder will find it named "Creative Cloud Files". Signing out will remove the folder from favorites, while signing in will add it back to favorites. Only one folder can be in favorites at a time, even if you have multiple accounts.

• Users who don't have access to the 'Creative Cloud Synced files' folder. To permanently remove the folder from favorites right-click on the folder in favorites and choose 'Show in Enclosing Folder'. This action will navigate to the original folder, where you can rename it. After renaming the original folder, you should remove it from favorites by right-clicking on the folder in favorites and selecting 'Remove from Sidebar'.

For Windows-

AnotherPhil_0-1686184455716.png

Hey community! Upvote if this post was helpful, and leave a comment to join the conversation.

TOPICS
App installs and updates , Files and libraries , Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed these instructions and I just hope this is a permanent fix as I’m sick and tired of having to edit my registry to remove it from windows explorer after every update. If this isn’t permanent when will Adobe provide a PERMANENT fix!

"Freedom to speak is not permitted on Adobe forum."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe photoshop used to be a decent program, now it is bulky and way too clunky... I DO NOT WANT the CLOUD anything... why have it? Everything I do is oin  my computer... useless unless you are working in collavberation with other people on a project, but really, how mwany of us are in that position... what about the personal computer user who just wants to make his family photos a little better? I do not need or want all that extra weight slowing down my older computer, always waiting for somehting to get loaded from a web based site, or forcing ,e to buy another subscription to someother thing I ma only going to use once or twice in a year... I CAN SEE THAT ADOBE PHOTOSHOP IS GOING BY WAY OF THE DODO BIRD AND THE WORLDS GREATEST BUGGY WHIP Factory... extinct!.. not impressed with thier cash grab marketing scheme they are forcing upon us...good bye photo shop and hello Microsoft Paint.... now where do i cancel my subscription to this useless program with its bait and switch tactics... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@James37646206oaqd 

did you want to make a suggestion to adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a user, having acces to my files through finder it was great because sometimes I work on my desktop but sometimes I have to work on a laptop. I find very disappointing not having this option anymore. (the Creative Cloud files acces from finder) I hope adobe returns this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Gabriela Marvan 

did you want to make a suggestion to adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines