• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeatedly asked to accept license agreement

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting really frustrated by having to all the time accept the license agreement when I open any of the Adobe CC products. Is anyone else having these issues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

OK. I think I found it.

1. Start the Creative Cloud app with Adminstrative privileges. Right click on its' icon and choose "Run as Administator..."

2.  Sign in

It should work now even on a reboot. Your apps should no longer ask you to accept the license and sign in.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aw man, I can't present a helpful reply, but am relieved (-ish) to see it's not just my computer with this problem. Opened photoshop today only to be presented with please sign in and accept terms and agreement. I went through the process. It was the only way to open photoshop. Hope this doesn't mean that my photoshop now has two licenses (which I need to pay double for) or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem,it started after the Bridge CC update and I tried everything mentioned above but does not work.The creative cloud app is signing me out again even in admin mode.So now I just stop using it until adobe is fixing this.

Since the CC update many things got worse.I never had any problems while using CS6 with the cloud subscription.

Hope it will be fixed soon otherwise have to re think my workflow with Adobe products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree with you more about having to rethink workflow with Adobe products. This cloud subscription has been a problem ever since I first started getting invitations popups to try CC with my "boxed" version of CS6 purchased back in 2012.

Now that I am subscribed to CC, it's even more of a headache.

I'm continuing to hope that this problem will be resolved by Adobe soon, but so far there has been little movement that I've seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! I was checking on this issue with the staff, and I think I found ONE way to solve it. For my case the Adobe staff noted that there was a lot of activation requests, but they were all coming from my one computer. So maybe if your situation is similar to mine you can try this

The next restart of my computer, I ignored creative cloud signing up (closed it, in fact), right clicked on my photoshop to use it as an administrator. I went through the activation process. Then after photoshop opens and stuff, I close it again.

No more activation requests for three days (hopefully there won't be any later too. Fingers crossed)

So maybe this method would help for some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did start some apps without the cc connection running and activate license again.Restart the pc now seems to work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lasvideo wrote:

Wow. Looks like some very unhappy CC users here. Imagine that, Jimbo.

Actually, this kind of bug existed in CS6 as well where the programs would chuck their licensing and revert to trials (or worse, expired trials) keeping the college IT staff hopping. It seemed to be highly specific to Mac though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I, too, had this difficulty with CS6 ... I have to chuckle when I think I subscribed to Photoshop CC in order to avoid the continuing problems I was having with the Trial popups on my CS6 (which, by the way, worked fine for about 6 months and then in February of this year, I started to have nothing but popup problems with it).

The Adobe Techs finally had me uninstall and reinstall several times and then I found out I had no activations left!! Needless to say, I have not reinstalled it; but am continuing to try to work with this Creative Cloud.

I was sorry to see that SiliconPixel updated the CC app and was still having the License Agreement signin problem. I haven't checked my Photoshop CC today to see if it still works ... the usual is about two days if I'm lucky.  I'm holding my breath ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Psychdoc_1 wrote:

Yes I, too, had this difficulty with CS6 ... I have to chuckle when I think I subscribed to Photoshop CC in order to avoid the continuing problems I was having with the Trial popups on my CS6 (which, by the way, worked fine for about 6 months and then in February of this year, I started to have nothing but popup problems with it).

The Adobe Techs finally had me uninstall and reinstall several times and then I found out I had no activations left!! Needless to say, I have not reinstalled it; but am continuing to try to work with this Creative Cloud.

I was sorry to see that SiliconPixel updated the CC app and was still having the License Agreement signin problem. I haven't checked my Photoshop CC today to see if it still works ... the usual is about two days if I'm lucky.  I'm holding my breath ....

Two days? count yourself lucky. It happens multiple times a day for me. It has gotten to the point that I just never close them anymore. Sucks because they eat up system resources. And I upated to the latest CC desktop app hoping it would magically fix this crap, but just tried to launch PS just now, and guess what happend?? pff, what a freakin joke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that, Mike. 

Just for the record; I needed to log into my CC App tonight and when I opened Photoshop CC there was the dredded popup asking me to accept the license agreement.  So, based on this, I would have to conclude that whatever the Adobe Tech did, didn't help. I'm beginning to think that every time we have to log in to CC, we have to accept the license agreement again ... ridiculous, but I wonder if that's part of the problem.

I did receive a call from Adobe Tech tonight in response to a support issue that is still pending and I told the Tech what occurred. I also told him that they really need to get this information to the engineers and that Adobe has a responsibility to resolve this issue ... that it was absolutely ridiculous.  He said he would document my comments, but who knows where they will end up. So, I am going to try to find someone in charge and send them information to let them know how many of us are having these recurrent issues.

Wish me luck ... I'll post back once I find someone to send the complaint to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started happening to me (all apps up to date including CC app). It is logging me off every few minutes now.

I though CC was supposed to be an improvement, how can we work like this? So far everything about CC has been a horrendous experience: updates that fail to install, having to re download everything to put onto my laptop, instead of being about to save the install file file, Illustrator taking a minute to start up instead a few seconds, no syncing as promised (and paid for) and now this - I can't take any more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that I loose the connection with CC a few minutes after I plug in an external hard disk and have to log in again with all the ensuing acceptance of licence agreements, it also happens when I unplug an external HD.

Been a while now (with no external hard disk plugged in) and seems stable - strange, presumably the CC app is detecting some sort off hardware change, still if this is the case, it needs to be fixed. I wonder if anybody else can confirm the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my friend who owns a design firm and uses Mac's for the entire work force is having the same issue with licensing as I am, as we all are. But for some reason he is getting demo offers even though he is signed in... And it is automatically signing him out at random. I haven't had this issue, but I find it funny.

I've been logged out and I'm waiting for the License agreement to accept. It is taking a while to accept... Sometime it takes 5 to 10min. Joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was interesting to hear that people with Macs are also experiencing this issue. I really thought it was only Windows ... in a way, it's almost reassuring.  For me, it's still been consistently ever other day, unless I plug some kind of external device in and then try to access an image from that drive.

Don't know what else to do or to try at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what else to do or to try at this point.

In addition to here, I think I'm going to start filing a bug report every time I have to sign back in or accept the license.  Maybe then Adobe will correct the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's a great idea.

We should all file bug reports when this happens. They will make it a top priority; afterall the sweeky wheel gets the greese as they say.

Make sure you take screen shots.

I mean this is the whole foundation for the Creative Cloud subscription afterall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, for one, will be happy to file a bug report every time ... can you tell me how I do this?

Also, the last time I tried to copy and paste a screen shot of the popup into the post answer section, it didn't work. So how do you accomplish this?

If Jim and drtao_wi will advise me, I will be happy to follow your leads.

This is, indeed, a great idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Happened again with Photoshop.  Only Adobe doesn't allow the standard bug report for Photoshop.  And they have no Creative Cloud category, so...Adobe wins this round.

The problem with that is that I, the customer, lose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it was certainly worth checking out, Jim. Thanks for even thinking of it.  I can't wait to get back to my desktop to see how difficult it will be to pick up where I left off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to accept again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm reading the Help file for Premiere Pro and the damn thing shuts down on me and shows that ****ing license screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link to this thread Jim. Add me to the list of those having these issues. Strangely no issues this morning, but yesterday was a total headache. Surely Adobe is aware of this one.

I think I've needed support maybe a half dozen times in the same number of years, but this looks like it's going to be a constant headache. As long as the activation is unreliable, god forbid I have an Internet outage.

The more complex something is, the more likely it is to fail will always be true. Why they did not just go to annual subscriptions like other software I use baffles me. Easier for them, easier for customers and one annual payment instead of this craziness. Simply activate then when you stop making the annual payments, the updates stop but you keep what you have when you stop paying. Maintenance plans make huge sense; this does not. The Exec who started this should be looking for a new Job IMO. It opens the door wide open for a competitor to jump in.  Oh well it is what it is and I'm going to keep using their products and they know that.

I'm sure I'm repeating what likely tens of thousands have said by now, but hey - I just signed up for this, so it is my turn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard anything new on this forum for several days now.  Has anyone found a resolution to the problem yet?  Lately I have occasionally been getting an "Unknown Server Error" when I open the Creative Cloud App. Fortunately, when I click on "Retry" it seems to go to the login screen and I have to go through the usual sign-in and Accept License Agreement screens.

I noticed that there is an update today for the Creative Cloud App ... I haven't installed it yet but will do so tomorrow.  Who knows, maybe they were able to resolve this issue ......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that same error... I also have a problem with the "loading" spinner just, well... spinning forever.

I LOVE Adobe products, but this is getting to be a real thorn in my side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had horrible issues for the one day. I tried launching each app one at a time as administrator in an administrator account and that did not seem to help. I rebooted the next day and it has been OK since for the most part. Very weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm certainly glad to hear someone has had some success.

Does anyone else keep Outlook running in the background on their systems? I'm beginning to wonder whether that might have some effect on all of this ... a long shot, but thought I would pose the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Outlook is always open. I need it to be open.

I kind of doubt that is an issue though. At first I thought firewall, but that's not it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines