• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.10 not responding in Windows 10

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues downloading ebooks  to ADE from library.  Updated ADE to 4.5.10 on Windows 10.  Renamed My Digital Editions folder to OLD and created a new My Digital Editons folder.  Deleted previous downloads.  ADE continually fails with "not responding".

TOPICS
Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I had the same problem that ADE 4.5 suddenly did not work. Clicked and clicked, just nothing happened.

I tried reinstall older version using my old downloaded file, and it did work, but the display was horrible, looked like picture rather than texts.

Just now, I reinstalled ADE 4.5 on drive D, instead of the default drive C, and I keep the My Digital Edition library still on drive C.

Now everything is back as before.

You may want to try and see if that solves your problem.

Have a great day.

Raymond SEOW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did that and it is indeed working fine. I have been trying to get ADE working for months. Thanks Ray!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me, less than a minute. All by just renaming the existing folder to OLD and then create a new folder with the existing name. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall the ADE in another folder (directory):

330-ade-setup-install-folder.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

It seems we all have been facing this issue ever since and I have noticed something during the installation. I am one of the culprit who had bad experience with Adobe Digital Edition ever since and I have experence the the application doesnt open up though it shows opened icon in the task bar. 

This is what I did to recover the situation.

1) Uninstall the exsisting Adobe Digita Edition.

2) Backup the .pub files and deleted the Adobe digital folder in My Documents. ( default location ) 

3) Restart the machine.

4) Reinstall Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.10 in "   C:\Program Files\Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 " . ( The fishy thing is the application try to install in " C:\Program Files (x86) " folder by default , but i changed the path to x64 folder )

then it worked fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines